http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/2side-flat-azalea.jpg

shopthecarousel-150.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lg-pinwheel-hair-bow-red-ads.jpg
New products--Rainbow dot 3/8' grosgrain ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Hip Girl Boutique > Viewer Polls

Viewer Polls Hip Girl Boutique new ribbon design polls, group buy polls...

View Poll Results: copied designs - flattery or frustrating
I find it flattering 23 24.73%
purely frustrating 32 34.41%
if the colours are different I dont mind 15 16.13%
still frustrating even if different colours used 34 36.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2012, 01:52

Default Re: copied designs - flattery or frustrating?

i worded that wrong what i mean is there was a member in my group who has her own group. i opened a rose mesh bow buy for new colors on friday the 3rd at about 2am before i went to bed. saturday morning she opens up the buy on her group for the exact same colors and the supplier did not even have those colors listed as they were custom for me. which i have to meet 300 yards per color to meet the moq for the factory to make the bows. unfortunatly she uses the same supplier as i do and she messaged the supplier asking if she can tag on to my moq for the custom colors..... once i found out i confronted the supplier and indeed that person asked if she can tag onto my my order to meet the minimums of 1000 bows per color which has to be 300 yards per color, i told the supplier i will not share my minimums and i will meet the minimums myself. so thats what i did. as we speak its in production for the trim to make them and the other person still has her buy open to meet the minimums. so u cant tell me that is not a copy cat. i guess i should have explained myself better
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/appletati.png
Old 02-22-2012, 06:57

My response is still the same.

What do you expect when you are relying on a factory to mass produce something for you. I mean, you are doing a buy on a BOW. You can't possibly think that you created the mesh bow. And I'm curious what colors you think you had custom made for you. Yellow? Blue?

Seriously. Get over yourself. You bumped up this old post just to whine about someone copying you in the hopes that someone would argue with you. It didn't work, so now you are releasing another detail (that this host specifically called your supplier to tag on to your buy) in the hopes that she will come out and argue with you.

I don't do buys, and shouldn't even bother, but I have no problem telling you that it's getting old. It's just lame.

This is not old news. No one is picking on you. Go take a look at the group buy thread right now and you will find multiple groups doing buys on the same things.

Probably, all of the hosts think they have a supplier that is super awesome and would NEVER go behind their backs or lie to them. But they do.

And NewMexicoGirl is right...The real ones that should be pissed off are the people that actually hand craft the original designs. There are people that are actually making the mesh bows THEMSELVES and you have the nerve to be ticked that someone else is also having them mass produced.

Drama.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23

I second All of these. You're not doing anything but looking to cause drama. Well guess what save your drama for your mama. Everyone here knows that you thrive on drama. The other supplier is a better person and not going to engage in your imaginary fight. So take your drama and go cry to your group because "Frankly my dear, we dont give a dang."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
Oh my gosh.
whatever.

You know once your *unique* item gets in the hands of a Chinese factory that they sell it to whomever is willing to pay for it. If your factory is promising you exclusivity, they are blowing smoke. They take your unique item and offer it to all of their customers.

How do you think the sculptures ended up over there?

I mean, the loopy puff bows and ric rac flowers are already in the store-michael's, joanne's and hobby lobby has all of our special, *unique* creations, made just for them, probably by our own factory suppliers!

Mesh bows, mesh flowers, rosette bows, etc. None of it belongs to you, and none of it will stay *yours*, especially if you are relying on a Chinese factory to mass produce it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicoGirl View Post
China is China if your ordering from there I wouldn't take your copied designs as being sacred and lets face it all items being made in China are copying someone who really hand makes the item. As someone who orders from China I understand this. And honestly the people who have a real reason to be pissed is the people who hand craft original design only to find the idea is being mas-produced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I have to agree with mothermayi 100%. If you create something get ready because it is going to get mass produced as others have mentioned. The only thing you can do is continue to be creative and bring out new things to customers. It is all a game and if you can't keep up with the rat race then you won't make it in this business. I know there is so much bickering going on behind curtains and all you are doing is wasting your time battling over something you have no control over. You could be creating so many new items instead of dwelling on what others are doing.

If someone copies your design then that just tells you it is time to get started on a new one. Make it a goal that you get your items out before anyone else does. People want to go to the business that is always offering a variety of new things. The more you have to offer the better.....but you can't do that if you are too busy being ugly with one another or going behind closed doors and being hateful or two faced. Gotta move on and put those you don't trust behind you.
Quote:

What do you expect when you are relying on a factory to mass produce something for you. I mean, you are doing a buy on a BOW. You can't possibly think that you created the mesh bow. And I'm curious what colors you think you had custom made for you. Yellow? Blue?

Seriously. Get over yourself. You bumped up this old post just to whine about someone copying you in the hopes that someone would argue with you. It didn't work, so now you are releasing another detail (that this host specifically called your supplier to tag on to your buy) in the hopes that she will come out and argue with you.

I don't do buys, and shouldn't even bother, but I have no problem telling you that it's getting old. It's just lame.

This is not old news. No one is picking on you. Go take a look at the group buy thread right now and you will find multiple groups doing buys on the same things.

Probably, all of the hosts think they have a supplier that is super awesome and would NEVER go behind their backs or lie to them. But they do.

And NewMexicoGirl is right...The real ones that should be pissed off are the people that actually hand craft the original designs. There are people that are actually making the mesh bows THEMSELVES and you have the nerve to be ticked that someone else is also having them mass produced.

Drama.

Last edited by cackysanda; 02-22-2012 at 10:29.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:51

wow not talking about a bow talking about the custom colors that was not even on the suppliers website, different colors that were not the normal colors, colors not made yet for these type of bows. apparently none of you can read what i posted.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58

the post was already bumped up, learn to READ!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Drama.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25

Yes because you invented EVERY single color in the world. Only YOU have access to these colors and the rest of us live in a black and white world.......thanks for reminding me!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokendreamz View Post
wow not talking about a bow talking about the custom colors that was not even on the suppliers website, different colors that were not the normal colors, colors not made yet for these type of bows. apparently none of you can read what i posted.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:47

I think it's frustrating either way. It's your creativity now someone elses. If someone copies they need to add their own creativity to the person they copied's design.

I have some items that i'm scared to put on Etsy just because I made them up myself and I don't want them to get copied.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:15

In a business where unique is the the goal, a copycat can sure put a kink in your creative edge.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45

Smile Re: copied designs - flattery or frustrating?

I do woven headbands, so let me tell you, it's not that hard to accidentally come out with the same color combinations as someone else just because of popularity of color but lets do the math behind how unique woven headbands really are:

Take for instance solid grosgrain, hip girl sells 56 colors of 3/8 inch grosgrain at 25 yards...So we'll use that..

four ribbons on a headband so 56x56x56x56 equals

9,834,496 different ways those 56 colors can be combined into different headbands. Granted, some of those headbands would be freaking UGLY color combinations but hey, even if we go by only three colors with two ribbons the same it's still 175,616 different ways the 56 colors can be combined with three different colors.

Lets face it, we all have different colors we adore, favorite, and use far more frequently than we should admit. There are always copycats, but if you have a good quality product then copycats won't matter, because your item will withstand the test of time, while theirs, well, will not. We're talking about about a business, where people undercut, copy, and throw in perks and bonuses that sometimes we can't do too. But if someones going to get taken in by an inferior product then let them, because we don't want the Walmart shoppers, we want the Boutique shoppers who know quality when they see it and are willing to pay the extra 2-5 dollars to have a bow that lasts through every single one of their children.

And that is all folks. The cream of the cream will be found out, while the curds remain.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendymom View Post
See my creepy stalker-ish note!

Oh, and about the undercutting... if you're both selling in the same market, VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
I agree.. you really shouldn't copy if you are in the same market!!
Sponsored Links

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/cazooks.jpg