Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Supplies

Supplies Find premier source of great prices and selection on quality supplies. This is not a place to post a great deal from a supplier. Such threads should be posted in 'For Sale'--'Ribbon, Bows and More' or 'Everything Else' --'Coupons And Deals' sub-forums

Old 10-28-2010, 01:06

Default Non slip silicone gel strip

You know how they sell strips of kitchen shelf liner or foam strips? Are there any for sale which are silicone gel strips?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 01:39

Default Re: Non slip silicone gel strip

I've never seen them. There are some tuts on how to make them. I think if you search this forum you might find them

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 10-28-2010, 02:39

Thank you.

I did search, I just don't wanna do it myself. I just wanna peel and stick kinda thing
Old 10-29-2010, 11:21

There's a local shop here that sells wrought iron decorations (wall hangings, etc.) and custom vinyl. They also sell boutique items that they make in the store. I happened to look at their headbands (hard ones wrapped in ribbon and also ribbon toggle headbands) and there was a strip of something that looked and felt similar to silicone, but it was a tape--most DEFINITELY a tape. I searched for FOREVER online trying to find out where they got it from. I have had zero luck finding it. It would be SOOOO much easier than anything else I've tried for no-slips. I have even emailed some tape companies and asked if they had anything similar and they said no. I only make things for my dd, so don't have any contacts or anything to find out any info But know that there IS something out there, I just don't know where they get it.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:25

Either I've heard this before and can't remember when or where or by who, or I'm on the verge of being a genius! lol. I know people tape off the section for the part that they want to have the silicone so it ends up being a nice rectangle. Why can't you do the same onto wax paper, let it dry, then peel. And apply the really good double sided tape to the back and adhere that way???
Old 10-29-2010, 12:59

There is hope??

OMG I'm gonna be up all night again searching and searching
Old 10-30-2010, 03:27

http://www.egrips.com/shop#ecwid:cat...=0&sort=normal

protective, gecko-like, silicone material, egripsŪ Non-Slip Kits make slippery devices easier to handle and keeps them from sliding around on any surface!
  • Easily applied and cleanly removable ... leaves no residue!
  • Won't absorb dirt or oils and is easily cleaned with a damp cloth!
  • Patent Pending material dramatically enhances the device's feel!
  • Ultra-thin material does not prohibit the use of a case or clip!
  • Most Advanced anti-skid surface in the world ... simply amazing!
I love them
Old 10-30-2010, 03:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymomkelly View Post
http://www.egrips.com/shop#ecwid:cat...=0&sort=normal

protective, gecko-like, silicone material, egripsŪ Non-Slip Kits make slippery devices easier to handle and keeps them from sliding around on any surface!
  • Easily applied and cleanly removable ... leaves no residue!
  • Won't absorb dirt or oils and is easily cleaned with a damp cloth!
  • Patent Pending material dramatically enhances the device's feel!
  • Ultra-thin material does not prohibit the use of a case or clip!
  • Most Advanced anti-skid surface in the world ... simply amazing!
I love them
OMG i love you!

Which one do you get?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:25

hmmmm.....interesting Also curious which one you like..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarstreetcafe View Post
OMG i love you!

Which one do you get?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:09

Hi, Im new here I purchased some no slip grip tape off ebay that my customers rave about, it also works in my 2yo twins' hair without issue, I use it on clips but also now headbands. I was trying to piece together pre-cut pieces to figure out what it actually was lol, its Duck brand no slip tape for carpets! You can get a 25foot long roll (about 3" wide) for about $8.xx at Walmart or Lowes. That makes a lot of no slip grips and its peel and stick...easy peasy! I have so much from the 25 foot long roll that Im selling pre-cut pieces to customers who bought bows and clips elsewhere that don't stay put, I've earned back the $8.xx within one week
Sponsored Links