Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Supplies

Supplies Find premier source of great prices and selection on quality supplies. This is not a place to post a great deal from a supplier. Such threads should be posted in 'For Sale'--'Ribbon, Bows and More' or 'Everything Else' --'Coupons And Deals' sub-forums

Old 05-30-2010, 05:39

Default tiny glue bottles

I have been looking everywhere for tiny empty glue like bottles. I want to put Karo syrup in them for my newborn stick-on bows. Does anyone know where I can find some at?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-30-2010, 08:10

Default Re: tiny glue bottles

have you ried hobby lobby, or if you don't have hobby lobby how about oriental trading online??
Old 05-30-2010, 08:21

No hobby lobby here. =/ But I didnt even think of OTC! TY TY TY! =]
Old 05-30-2010, 09:34

They have them at hobby lobby for .59 i think. I can pick you one up and ship it to you! They are about 3 inches tall or so. I used to put my fabri tac glue in them. JLMK
Old 05-30-2010, 10:14

http://stores.ebay.com/Plastics-Plastics-Inc

They have empty eye drop bottles, those would probably be a good size, judging by the amount of 'glue' other people sell...about .5 oz.

I saw a bow store that had baby bow glue I think they called it, and they said it was an 'all natural sugar based glue' and so I spent the entire day looking for such a glue, and eventually realized they are just giving a fancy spin on plain old karo syrup Clever marketing, I must admit!

I wanted to source surgilube to package with the stick on bows, but it's very hard to find in anything other than huge tubes or a foil pak which I would think would leak all over the place, kind of like my fabri tac now has all over my dining room floor, I think someone stepped on it.

Anyway, hth!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa23 View Post
They have them at hobby lobby for .59 i think. I can pick you one up and ship it to you! They are about 3 inches tall or so. I used to put my fabri tac glue in them. JLMK
I PMed you! =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
http://stores.ebay.com/Plastics-Plastics-Inc

They have empty eye drop bottles, those would probably be a good size, judging by the amount of 'glue' other people sell...about .5 oz.

I saw a bow store that had baby bow glue I think they called it, and they said it was an 'all natural sugar based glue' and so I spent the entire day looking for such a glue, and eventually realized they are just giving a fancy spin on plain old karo syrup Clever marketing, I must admit!

I wanted to source surgilube to package with the stick on bows, but it's very hard to find in anything other than huge tubes or a foil pak which I would think would leak all over the place, kind of like my fabri tac now has all over my dining room floor, I think someone stepped on it.

Anyway, hth!
Not good about the glue on the floor! And thank you for the dropper idea. I am going to get a few different bottles and let a few of my friends use them and get their feedback.

And someone who bought a few of my stick-ons bought some "glue" at a store in her town. They tried to tell her that putting plain craft glue in a newborns hair was bad for their skin. The lady swore by this stuff and said that it was all natural and water soluble yada yada ya... and worked wonders. So she paid $4.50 for an ounce of freakin' watered down Karo! It didnt even work, she said it was all watery and messy. It was somewhat sticky but nothing near as sticky as Karo normally is. I was pissed, I was tempted to ask her what the name of the store was and call them myself. I hate it when my customers get ripped off and people don't sell top quality items when they are charging top quality prices! To add to it she found this out when she was in the hospital and dressing her daughter up for the pictures that were being taken for their birth announcements! Needless to say she got very emotional about it and made the whole experience with the pictures horrible for her. =/

Its called infant glue or infant bow glue...I am sure its the same stuff you are talking about. She said they also charge like 10 bucks for ten ONE INCH bows and you have to buy the glue separately! RIP OFF!

...sorry about the little vent, it still bothers me that someone would rip somebody off like that, UGH!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisSkye2010 View Post
I PMed you! =]

Not good about the glue on the floor! And thank you for the dropper idea. I am going to get a few different bottles and let a few of my friends use them and get their feedback.

And someone who bought a few of my stick-ons bought some "glue" at a store in her town. They tried to tell her that putting plain craft glue in a newborns hair was bad for their skin. The lady swore by this stuff and said that it was all natural and water soluble yada yada ya... and worked wonders. So she paid $4.50 for an ounce of freakin' watered down Karo! It didnt even work, she said it was all watery and messy. It was somewhat sticky but nothing near as sticky as Karo normally is. I was pissed, I was tempted to ask her what the name of the store was and call them myself. I hate it when my customers get ripped off and people don't sell top quality items when they are charging top quality prices! To add to it she found this out when she was in the hospital and dressing her daughter up for the pictures that were being taken for their birth announcements! Needless to say she got very emotional about it and made the whole experience with the pictures horrible for her. =/

Its called infant glue or infant bow glue...I am sure its the same stuff you are talking about. She said they also charge like 10 bucks for ten ONE INCH bows and you have to buy the glue separately! RIP OFF!

...sorry about the little vent, it still bothers me that someone would rip somebody off like that, UGH!
Yeah that sounds like the one I'm sorry your customer had such a bad time with it, the people selling thast stuff should be ashamed. It's one thing to give a new spin on an old product, but it seems those people are about their bottom line, not their customer's satisfaction. It won't help now but my brother's gf works in a hospital and said the nursery uses surgical lubricant , it works in the same way.

I've heard of many people using elmers to stick bows on too, I don't see any harm in that...how many children have had that stuff all over them and they are just fine (and eaten it too! lol). I used to put it on my hand to peel off as a kid, never had any adverse reaction. Some people just like to sound like they know what they are talking about.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg

Tags
glue bottles, newborn bows, stick on bows, tiny bottles, tiny bows