Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Supplies

Supplies Find premier source of great prices and selection on quality supplies. This is not a place to post a great deal from a supplier. Such threads should be posted in 'For Sale'--'Ribbon, Bows and More' or 'Everything Else' --'Coupons And Deals' sub-forums

Old 11-27-2009, 03:20

Default clip on tie clips??

I am going to be making ties for little boys to list in my boutique. I thought clip on ties would be awesome because it's much easier for a little boy to wear. However, I cannot find the clips that go on the clip on tie ANYWHERE! Does anyone know where I can find these??

HELP!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:28

Default Re: clip on tie clips??

Can I give you a bit of advice? Try finding a tutorial that you make the neckties with elastic instead of the necktie clips. Necktie clips are very uncomfortable (And I would imagine a lot more of a hassle to make than putting on elastic). I've seen a couple of boutiques that do the neckties with like 1/4" elastic and my boys LOVE those type much more than their clip on ties.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:55

The elastic is a good idea. I made a boy bowtie and just attached it to an unlined alligator clip. It works. It just would need to be clipped to a button up shirt.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomommyof4 View Post
Can I give you a bit of advice? Try finding a tutorial that you make the neckties with elastic instead of the necktie clips. Necktie clips are very uncomfortable (And I would imagine a lot more of a hassle to make than putting on elastic). I've seen a couple of boutiques that do the neckties with like 1/4" elastic and my boys LOVE those type much more than their clip on ties.

Thank you so much! I bet that would be much easier to make and easier to find obviously. lol

How do they go about doing it. Just attach the elastic and it goes around their neck??
Old 11-27-2009, 10:13

I'm not exactly sure. I found a blog with instructions at one time, and bookmarked it--then the power went out about a month ago & fried our hard drive And of course NOW I can't find it. But the ones that I saw at a craft fair a week ago just had the long hanging part down, then a separate piece that looked like it was folded almost like double fold bias tape, then wrapped around the top end of the tie (making it like a "t" at the top) and then each end of elastic was just tacked onto each side of the top part of the tie--the "knot" I call it. Does this even make sense? I am going to go post right now and ask if anyone knows where a good tute is on how to make them with elastic.
Sponsored Links
http://www.mysunshineboutique.com/images/My-Sunshine-Boutique-Banner-3.gif