New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/bitsybands-150.gif
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/diysuppliesandkits125.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/RonisBowTique-150.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Supplies

Supplies Find premier source of great prices and selection on quality supplies. This is not a place to post a great deal from a supplier. Such threads should be posted in 'For Sale'--'Ribbon, Bows and More' or 'Everything Else' --'Coupons And Deals' sub-forums

Old 10-01-2009, 10:59

Default FOE Headband ????

i'm making the foe headbands for my shows. i've seen the tutorial maeve did that gave the measurements. i'm trying to make things as simple as possible and only make one size headband. can anyone recomend a good one size fits all measurement? i cut apart one of the nylon headbands that i ordered from hot pink wholesale and it measured 14 inches and i wondered if that would be a good length. TIA
Sponsored Links
Princess, Bride & Groom Instruction For Hair Clips or Scrapbooking--From NoBowNoGo. Click Here for details and Click Here to subscribe.
princess hair bow clip instructions
bride & groom hair bow clip instructions
Old 10-01-2009, 11:01

Default Re: FOE Headband ????

I usually made mine about 14.5" to cover pretty much all sizes. I think that you would be safe with either one, IMO.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:02

My friend just had a baby and I was trying to do a general size for her as well so it would fit for awhile. I can tell you that the 14 inch didn't fit her 7lbs some oz newborn baby. I wonder what 13 inches would fit up to? I'll try it on my 2 year old and she how snug it is! I'll be back to update.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:30

ok just made 14 inch one and tried it on my friends 4 month old. it was perfect. more than enough room to grow into. but it would be way to big for a newborn. i may just do 2 sizes: 12.5 for a newborn and 14.5 for 3 months and up.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:36

Here is what i do 12 for a newborn 14 for 0-6, 15 for 6-12, 16 for 12-24 and 17 for 2T and up

the 14 can stretch bigger but i dont want the to be to tight an uncomfortable on the older girls
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdowns84 View Post
ok just made 14 inch one and tried it on my friends 4 month old. it was perfect. more than enough room to grow into. but it would be way to big for a newborn. i may just do 2 sizes: 12.5 for a newborn and 14.5 for 3 months and up.
That would work perfectly!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:44

have yall ever just used hot glue to make them? i used hot glue just to throw this one together for sizing purposes. when i put the loop on for the bow i was able to position it where you couldnt even feel the seem. i pulled on it really hard and it didnt come apart.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:24

Quote:
have yall ever just used hot glue to make them? i used hot glue just to throw this one together for sizing purposes. when i put the loop on for the bow i was able to position it where you couldnt even feel the seem. i pulled on it really hard and it didnt come apart.
I haven't but I have seen someone mention that on here. That was how she made them and she never had trouble with them coming apart.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:23

Quote:
I used to do it this way 99.9% of the time for my wholesale accounts and I never had a problem. As long as the glue gets nice and hot, it should stay.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:28

Amanda I glue mine as well with no problem grant it I don't sell a lot of the elastic I also do a genral size of !4.5 inches.
Sponsored Links
Princess, Bride & Groom Instruction For Hair Clips or Scrapbooking--From NoBowNoGo. Click Here for details and Click Here to subscribe.
princess hair bow clip instructions
bride & groom hair bow clip instructions