New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:51

Question Embroidery Machine

Hey, everyone. I'm looking to purchase an EASY-to-use embroidery machine. I have never even used a sewing machine! I just think all the cute things they can add, and it makes me want it even more. The cheaper the better, but I do understand they won't be that cheap. Anyone have one or know of one I might like? Thank you so much!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 02:11

Default Re: Embroidery Machine

I know that for a while Wal Mart had one for about $250-300 but I don't know anything about it and my local one isn't carrying it anymore
Old 10-21-2011, 02:47

Sorry to hear that, but thank you for the tip!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:29

The lower end Brothers are pretty good. I have a Brother SE-250 and it's the most basic embroidery machine. It works okay. But I can only use one font. If you want a nice machine with lots of options, you'll probably have to spend close to $700. I need to upgrade mine because so many people want their items from my shop personalized. I would love to offer more prints and to do that I would need to buy them online. HTH!

Owner/Admin: Craft Buys Done Right
Old 10-23-2011, 11:49

Not to be rude... but you really pay for what you get with an embroidery machine. No, you don't have to go drop $5,000 on a machine.... but if you're going to use one, and actually use it for a business.... invest about $1,000. That is investing enough to get a decent machine that you won't outgrow too soon.

I recommenced you look for a machine that at least has an automatic thread cutter and a USB port.

Go to a dealer and test them out and see what you like!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:12

Smile Re: Embroidery Machine

I found a Brother SE-400 for about $360 at Walmart. JoAnn's has the same one for $600. My Aunt has the SE-400 and she says she loves it. Thank you all for you feedback!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBanks View Post
I found a Brother SE-400 for about $360 at Walmart. JoAnn's has the same one for $600. My Aunt has the SE-400 and she says she loves it. Thank you all for you feedback!
That is the machine I have asked my hubby to get me for Christmas. Have you had a chance to play with it yet? If so, what do you think so far? I have watched a bunch of videos on youtube, by businesses and people that use it for personal reasons, and it seems like a great little machine
Old 10-28-2011, 01:44

I highly recommend Brother! My husband got me the Innov-is 950D for Christmas last year and I have absolutly loved it. (I think it was about 700-750.00) The sewing and embroidery are super easy to learn. I had never used embroidery and only used a manual sewing machine. I have used it several times a week for about 10 months now and it has given me nothing but great results. I would recommend that you buy from a dealer so you have someone to get you started and can give you any support you need. My machine does have usb slot so I can download all sorts of designs and alphabets. Funny thing is that we went shopping to get me a better sewing machine and found that with Brother I could have the embroidery too for about what I thought I might be willing to spend on a good sewing machine so it felt like a super bargain to me. I did look at every brand I could find a dealer for but I really feel like you get a great deal for your dollar with Brother.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14

Quote:
Not to be rude... but you really pay for what you get with an embroidery machine.
I agree, I've been looking at some "felties" over at etsy and some are just beautiful, the stitch, the coloring, the details, they look so nice and then some "others".well, ..........they look really "cheap"
Old 10-28-2011, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Not to be rude... but you really pay for what you get with an embroidery machine. No, you don't have to go drop $5,000 on a machine.... but if you're going to use one, and actually use it for a business.... invest about $1,000. That is investing enough to get a decent machine that you won't outgrow too soon.

I recommenced you look for a machine that at least has an automatic thread cutter and a USB port.

Go to a dealer and test them out and see what you like!
This is very good advice. If you want versatility, I agree that you have to spend at least $1,000. Most people who start smaller than that soon finding themselves wishing they had invested a few hundred more for a machine with more than one hoop, font variety, etc.

I'd recommend saving up for one if you have to.
Sponsored Links