5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:31

Default Re: Cuttlebug and Sizzix machines

I was wondering the same thing. I do a little bit of scrapbooking, nothing fancy and I have a punch, so I tried to cut the felt with the punch, it didn't work, so I read that sizzix works but I was wondering if it works in the cheap felt you find at any craft store, or it has to be with the wool felt?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-29-2008, 10:27

I use the wool blend felt. (Not pure wool) and it cuts great. I tend to have more issues with the craft store felt it does not cut as clean. But that could be partially because I need new cutting pads.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:07

I am glad I bought my sizzix when it came out. I cannot live with out it. I haven't tried cutting felt but I have cut sandpaper and it worked fine.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:37

Can you use Cuttlebug Kids dies with the regular Cuttlebug machine? I bought a Kids die, but don't want to open it since I can't return it at Michael's.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:44

i have the sizzix big kick and it works wonders on cheap felt and the good stuff. My daughter has the cuttlebug and we tried and tried the other day to get her little kids dies to cut the walmart felt, and it only left an impression in the felt, so i slid them through my big kick and no problems cutting.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilikoi1 View Post
Can you use Cuttlebug Kids dies with the regular Cuttlebug machine? I bought a Kids die, but don't want to open it since I can't return it at Michael's.
CuttleKids dies ?

I tried using that die and umm...it took me plenty of that up&down thingy with my Sizzix and it still doesn't cut my felt thorougly. I used 100% felt wool. So, what didn't get cut by the die, I cut the the rest with scissor...Still looks good to me with just a tad of added work with that scissor deal.

Example: Pic attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0618TN.jpg (7.9 KB, 51 views)

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:27

Really I bought the cuddlekids today and it cut pretty good..I did however have to run it through 2 or 3 times and then use embroidery scissors to snip a few pieces that were still connected, and I bought that cool felt from hobby lobby that has glitter on it and the one that has flowers on it and it seems to work better than the other stuff I bought...the hobby lobby one was a little higher in price but was a little stiffer that the one I bought from hancock's..

Annie

P.S.
I bought dies that are for the cuddlebug to use with my cuddlekids and they do not work with them..I know I heard someone say you could but my machine will not run them, the cuddlekids are thinner and more smooshable that the metal die cuts that the cuddlebug uses...
Old 07-18-2008, 11:18

I bought a bunch of cuttlekids dies too and had the same problem. I was so disappointed! I also haven't had any luck with cutting the Sizzix dies with my Cuttlebug using felt.
I wonder if the Cuttlekids dies would cut felt with the Cuttlekids cutter?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:16

I have sizzix and the converter and use sizzix and also cuttlebug dies. For felt I prefer Sizzix dies
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36

I found w/my CB to cut felt (I use 100% wool felt) it works better if you put cardboard behind the fabric. When I do that I don't have any problems using felt or fabric.
Sponsored Links