http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:19

Default OMG, how did I ever make bows without it?!?

My Gator Bite that is, this thing is freaking awesome! I made 10 bows in the amount of time it normally takes me to make one. I have the Sally's clips, but the Gator Bite works way better, imo. The Gator Bite clamps down tighter then the Sally's clips, so the ribbon doesn't shift, which is the problem I was having with the Sally's clips. Also, the part where you put your tie of ribbon is narrower giving you a better chance of knotting it dead center. The other thing is that I can use the elastic thread with it without the thread breaking. When I use elastic thread with the Sally's clip, the thread broke everytime. It was well worth the $15 I paid for it.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 05-22-2008, 12:57

Default Re: OMG, how did I ever make bows without it?!?

Where did you get it for $15?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05

i have to agree that i love mine for the harder to crease bows (the ones where you have to fold by hand..ugh). but most bows i can do with a needle and thread just as fast as the gator bite.

the only problem i have is that i never can seem to get the elastic tight enough with it, maybe it is just me though
Old 05-22-2008, 09:34

Okay, I am new around here, so What is the gator bite gadget?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsandbows View Post
Okay, I am new around here, so What is the gator bite gadget?
Hair Bow instructions, How To Make Hair Bows, Free Hair Bow Instructions, Free Hair Bow Making...

thats the website.

My parents live in Keller!

Old 05-22-2008, 02:45

I love it ! I have one too got mine when the new plastic version first came out.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:49

I love mine too! I still sew my bows and use the gator bite to help. It makes a really nice, consistent crease. I can go just as fast as sewing it regularly...maybe even faster.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelzer View Post
I love mine too! I still sew my bows and use the gator bite to help. It makes a really nice, consistent crease. I can go just as fast as sewing it regularly...maybe even faster.
now i had not thought of that trick...i will have to try it that way. i like the whole needle and thread thing on some bows but when i do it i can end up off center....this way i would have the gator to help me crease and hold
Old 05-22-2008, 10:04

My gator bite got lost in the post.... It is so fustrating!!
and there is nothing i can do about it!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:25

Amen, sister! LOL.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg