printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:10

Default Re: OMG, how did I ever make bows without it?!?

oh yes yes...
the ashlyn bowtique one!!
kekekekekeke...
Is that yours?!?
Nice bows!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valchoo View Post
there's actually 2 i know on blogspot. one is Pretty Lil Hairbows and Clips and the other is Mischa's Lil' Secrets. one of them is me.

for me is the other way around. it's my boy that clings to me and the girl who's more independant. do you sell your bows online? we shld share shipping. hee hee! i hate vpost.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 04:16

I love the gator! I have fibromyalgia and my hands are often too painful to crease.....hold......get my wire in place without using it. Here's what I do.

Using the gator clip....I use cheap cotton crochet thread to tie my bow. Then I slide it out of the gator and use my wire.....I then just snip the thread and pull it out. Now I can twist the wire tighter and have a very nicely creased center that didn't hurt my hands. I can go pretty fast, if I want to. But since I only make bows for my two little granddaughters and not as a business, I don't have to work as fast as some of you might.

Deanna
Old 05-31-2008, 04:19

i think your retro bows collections and boutique bows are beautiful!!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:29

I only have 1 set of boutique bows (the big and lil sis ones) the rest are actually basic bows. thank you! it's nice to get a compliment. my husband thought it was a waste of time and he wouldn't let me buy more ribbon when i was at spotlight. now i buy online and i get so carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattybombombom View Post
i think your retro bows collections and boutique bows are beautiful!!
Old 06-06-2008, 12:06

so when I first saw this thread posted I thought what the heck I'll give it a try. I struggle from time to time to get my bows just right. I sew to create the creases. There would be times I would have to redo the same layer a few times over. So I gave the gator bite a shot. I didn't really like it at first. I was doing my usual sewing while using it. It just wasn't working in face it was slowing me down. I then decided to just try it my tying off with button thread. All I can say is wow what a difference. I am so much faster now. And each bow is just perfect!

Old 06-06-2008, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuPretties View Post
so when I first saw this thread posted I thought what the heck I'll give it a try. I struggle from time to time to get my bows just right. I sew to create the creases. There would be times I would have to redo the same layer a few times over. So I gave the gator bite a shot. I didn't really like it at first. I was doing my usual sewing while using it. It just wasn't working in face it was slowing me down. I then decided to just try it my tying off with button thread. All I can say is wow what a difference. I am so much faster now. And each bow is just perfect!
I kinda felt the same way at first too. In the video, she does it so easily, but I don't know if it's just the thread I used or what, but I couldn't just tie it once and it stay tight...so I tie it, then thread it back through to make another knot in the back and then double that knot. It works for me, so that's all that matters-even though it would be nice if it would stay tight on the first one
Old 06-06-2008, 12:53

I use button thread so it is a lot thicker than reg thread. I pull it as tight as I can. Basically until my fingers hurt LOL. What I also love is I can adjust the loops if I need to without having to undo them.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuPretties View Post
I use button thread so it is a lot thicker than reg thread. I pull it as tight as I can. Basically until my fingers hurt LOL. What I also love is I can adjust the loops if I need to without having to undo them.
And where is that located? I dont' even know what kind I got-it's in a big spool and I found it by the yarn-lol
Old 06-06-2008, 01:43

I have gotten it at Michael's and Joann's. It's made by coats. It's called dual duty plus. Button Craft thread.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_stinkypants_mom View Post
And where is that located? I dont' even know what kind I got-it's in a big spool and I found it by the yarn-lol
Dual Duty Extra Strong Thread 75 Yards-Many Colors
I buy the white or course, and it's with all the other thread. It is super strong! I get mine at Walmart! Make sure it says "Button/Craft".

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif