New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:12

Default Am I being too picky?

I ordered from a vendor a small amount of felt circles for the back of my flowers etc. I could cut them myself but it is a pain as I usually only want 1 inch circles and My die cuts 4 different sizes. plus I don't care if they are the same quality felt as my felt flowers. Anyway when I got them most of them have what I call "flea bites" out of the circle meaning they aren't perfect circles. Would you complain? This is my first order with this vendor and I don't want to be a pain, but to me a circle is a circle. I could see selling them at a discounted price, if you disclose that they have cutting errors. IDK maybe this is the norm. I was kind of dissappointed in the order as this vendor had great reviews/comments here. Thought I would check with all ya'll here before I made a fuss in case this is normal.

TIA!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2011, 09:18

Default Re: Am I being too picky?

Yup, I would complain. If they aren't circles maybe they didn't use a die?

Old 06-14-2011, 09:47

i would contact them. Tell them what you were expecting & see if maybe it was a fluke or something.
IDK. I use a die when cutting my felts & they almost always come out perfect. Sometimes I use craft felt instead of wool or wool blend & it comes out where I have to cut a bit off the edges with scissors, but that's all.

good luck

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Old 06-14-2011, 10:27

I agree. Let them know you were expecting something different and see how they respond.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:47

They look like the felt did not cover the whole die. Like they tried to cut the circles out of scraps. KWIM? other than the small missing pieces they are perfect circles. Like something took a "bite" out of the circle. about half are like that.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieboosmama View Post
They look like the felt did not cover the whole die. Like they tried to cut the circles out of scraps. KWIM? other than the small missing pieces they are perfect circles. Like something took a "bite" out of the circle. about half are like that.
Let her know that you were expecting round felt circles, not irregular ones. You may have received product but it was not what to your satisfaction. She should have known better. When you make a product to sell you need to put 110% into it. Take pride in your work because it is a reflection of you and your business.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13

I'm a pretty picky person myself and I know those little 'bite's would drive me nuts, I know some people may not care about it, but it's one of those little things that separates boutique quality from something just slapped together.

If you had to ask on the board, I'd say it's bothering you enough to bring up with the vendor.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosser View Post
I'm a pretty picky person myself and I know those little 'bite's would drive me nuts, I know some people may not care about it, but it's one of those little things that separates boutique quality from something just slapped together.

If you had to ask on the board, I'd say it's bothering you enough to bring up with the vendor.
I agree. Besides you work hard for your money so when you spend it on something it should be what you paid for, kwim?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:31

I sent an email. Hoping to get a positive response. I am the kind of person that understands mistakes happen. What matters to me is how they HANDLE the mistake. Thanks for all the input!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieboosmama View Post
oh, i gotcha! This happens when I use my scraps too. i only use them under things that will be covered & to "hold" things together when they will not be seen.

i would def contact them & tell them you were expecting ROUND circles, not irregular ones & maybe they can partially refund you for the irreg ones or somethign.

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Sponsored Links