Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:42

Default have you ever bought tulle from here?

tullesource.com

Hows the quality?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 12:15

Default Re: have you ever bought tulle from here?

I haven't but there prices seem high I get all of mine at the hobby lobby I order it by the bolt and then use my coupon so I only pay like $25.00 for 40 yards
Yvonne
Old 05-17-2008, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
I haven't but there prices seem high I get all of mine at the hobby lobby I order it by the bolt and then use my coupon so I only pay like $25.00 for 40 yards
Yvonne
whats your trick to cutting it all in strips? buyin by the bolt is more economical but jeez louise its a pain to cut that stuff in a straight line...
so if you take out the labor of strip cutting those prices are not too bad... I think they are in line with UB but with more colors (I think)
Old 05-17-2008, 01:07

That 6"x25" for 1.99 is cheaper than most other online places. I woud only work w/ 6" rolls, I just refuse to have to cut it into peices. I don't have the time. To compare try Nashville Wraps is a Gift Packaging and Gourmet Gift Basket Supplies Wholesale Resource or Angel Babes Tutus Custom Tutus Princess Tutu Ballet Tutu Plus, I want very soft tulle not stiff or rough. The larger the holes the rougher it is.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:24

I guess I am the odd one around here. I refuse to use the rolls it takes me forever that way. I did make one the other night using some UB tulle because I thought I would give it one more try and NOPE not for me. Here is how I do it

Step 1 lay out tulle on my table with cutting board under
Step 2 cut to desired length
step 3 cut as many pieces needed
step 4 fold piece in half cut the folded ends ( for this step I cut for pieces and stack them because my rotary can cut through about 4 well really 8 because it is doubled)
step 5 line my mat up and cut the pieces in half and cut with rotary
step 6 make tutu!!

each piece that I cut off the bolt give me 8 strips it may be slow at first but I swear this is super fast and the only way I will do it
Yvonne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (50.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (38.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (36.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (69.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (42.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-17-2008, 02:37

When I made some tutus off the bolt I had about 10 yards of tulle. I spread it out on the floor and folded it the long ways about 4 times then I used my fiskars paper cutter to cut every 6 inches. I picked up and moved the paper cutter each time I cut as to not disturb the folds. I was amazed at how straight everything came out and took about the same amount of time it took when I cut the tulle from the rolls. It worked great. Couldn't say I perfer one way over the other. Just differnt methods.

Leslie
Old 05-17-2008, 02:45

Those are great ideas. See I make them much more complicated than it has to be, I was visualizing myself unrolling this bolt every 6 inches and cutting it off. That way looks very easy.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
I guess I am the odd one around here. I refuse to use the rolls it takes me forever that way. I did make one the other night using some UB tulle because I thought I would give it one more try and NOPE not for me. Here is how I do it

Step 1 lay out tulle on my table with cutting board under
Step 2 cut to desired length
step 3 cut as many pieces needed
step 4 fold piece in half cut the folded ends ( for this step I cut for pieces and stack them because my rotary can cut through about 4 well really 8 because it is doubled)
step 5 line my mat up and cut the pieces in half and cut with rotary
step 6 make tutu!!

each piece that I cut off the bolt give me 8 strips it may be slow at first but I swear this is super fast and the only way I will do it
Yvonne
If that works for you that's great. I've tried to use tulle on the bolt but it was too much work for me. I use 4 spools of the 6" tulle to make 1 tutu. I've gotten to the point where I can cut all 4 spools at once and it only takes me about 10-15 minutes, depending on weather my kids are around or not.(they always seem to want something as soon as I sit down to cut tulle.)
Sponsored Links