Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:45

Default how to use a hotfix tool

I have the hotfix tool from michaels. Bought a ton of the hotfix rhinestones..this is the problem..how the heck do you use these things with out getting glue all over the center of the flower? or all over the rhinestones and now there is no shine? I use whatever tip is the same as the size of rhinestone..HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-22-2011, 12:43

Default Re: how to use a hotfix tool

I'm not sure how you are picking them up but what I do is pick it up with proper size tip, GLUE facing down, watch it for about 8 seconds (you can see glue melting) and quickly put stone where I want it. I'm new to this also so my stone sometimes gets stuck (have something pointy handy to put in side of tip and you should be able to pop stone out).

There are some great sites out there that have cheaper pricing than michael's (a lesson I learnt the hard way)

HTH!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:50
Banned

I wish I could help you but I am clueless too on how to use a hotfix, lol sorry
Old 04-06-2011, 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvicta View Post
I have the hotfix tool from michaels. Bought a ton of the hotfix rhinestones..this is the problem..how the heck do you use these things with out getting glue all over the center of the flower? or all over the rhinestones and now there is no shine? I use whatever tip is the same as the size of rhinestone..HELP!!!
I use a hotfix tool also to put my swarovski crystals onto my flowers and such, I noticed that cheaper hotfix stones, because of the heat, melt and that is why you get a dull look. On certain items I use E600 on the lower quality stones to get them to adhere, but for my hotfix tool I only use swarovski stones, never had a problem. I either place the stone with my fingertips, or with tiny pliers or even eyebrow plucker, then when my tool is nice & hot I place the tool over it (it has to be about the size size or exact size) and it glues cleanly. HTH
Old 04-06-2011, 10:01

I had a different hotfix tool than the one you are using and was not happy with it at all. I have been using my woodburner to set my stones and haven't had any problems. I have these really thin needle nose pliers that I use to hold my crystals in place and let go as soon as I place the tip of my woodburner on the stone. Just a suggestion in case you continue to have problems with your tool.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:05

I got one from Michaels and it wouldn't glue or stick to the fabric. Hate that thing and haven't played it with since then. I got the Jolee's brand.

What kind of brand did you get?
Sponsored Links