New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:59

Default Does anyone have a Tecre button maker?

Is it easy to use or a pain in the butt to set up? I've been eyeing the 1" button maker and want to start offering pin back buttons for teens and flat backs for my badge reels and bows.
My husband is telling me to just buy it but I'm having a hard time prying the $279 from my wallet for it. Granted it's for the machine, circle punch & 500 parts and shipping is free (woot! even to Hawaii!) but it's still a lot of money for me to drop. I just want to make sure it's not something that I'll get frustrated trying to figure out how to use (I'm one that needs tons of pictures and instructions to do things).
Any reviews? TIA
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-18-2011, 03:17

Default Re: Does anyone have a Tecre button maker?

I am saving my money to buy one. I am just like you though, scared to put out the money. I almost got one for a very good price, but it ended up getting broken by the owner's handy man.

Anyways, I was told about a place that lets you use one for a small fee. I went there and they let me try it out for just the cost of the supplies. I have heard such good things about the Tecre machine, and that is the one they had. It is very easy to use. The circle cutter they had is not sold on the Tecre site, and it was not that great. So, definitely get one sold by them. I wish this place was closer so I could just pay $5 a year to use theirs as much as I want instead of buying my own. I am worried about putting the money out, but not be able to use it enough since I do not make bows.

I wish my husband would tell me to just go ahead and buy it...lol!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44

How lucky! Wish I could try before I buy too I remember reading about your mishap with the damaged machine That was such a steal before they dropped it!
The more I hear about this machine the more I want it! I got some info from Dede on it and am convinced it's the one for me. I'll be ordering mine today
LOL My husband just got his hot rod engine back from the mainland (ha! $1000+ shipping bill PLUS what the guy charged to work on it PLUS the parts) so I think he's feeling a little guilty. I'm placing my order before he changes his mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJill View Post
I am saving my money to buy one. I am just like you though, scared to put out the money. I almost got one for a very good price, but it ended up getting broken by the owner's handy man.

Anyways, I was told about a place that lets you use one for a small fee. I went there and they let me try it out for just the cost of the supplies. I have heard such good things about the Tecre machine, and that is the one they had. It is very easy to use. The circle cutter they had is not sold on the Tecre site, and it was not that great. So, definitely get one sold by them. I wish this place was closer so I could just pay $5 a year to use theirs as much as I want instead of buying my own. I am worried about putting the money out, but not be able to use it enough since I do not make bows.

I wish my husband would tell me to just go ahead and buy it...lol!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:33

Super, super easy to use. Love the one we have at school.

Are your ordering it direct from Tecre or from American Button Machines? It's the same machine, but they have different packages and pricing.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
How lucky! Wish I could try before I buy too I remember reading about your mishap with the damaged machine That was such a steal before they dropped it!
The more I hear about this machine the more I want it! I got some info from Dede on it and am convinced it's the one for me. I'll be ordering mine today
LOL My husband just got his hot rod engine back from the mainland (ha! $1000+ shipping bill PLUS what the guy charged to work on it PLUS the parts) so I think he's feeling a little guilty. I'm placing my order before he changes his mind!
Definitely take advantage of that guilt while you can
I was going to buy from American Buttons but if there is someone on here who sells them, I would love the info.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countfergula View Post
Super, super easy to use. Love the one we have at school.

Are your ordering it direct from Tecre or from American Button Machines? It's the same machine, but they have different packages and pricing.
I was going to order from American Button but ended up going with someone on eBay - the package with 1000 parts came out cheaper. Good to know it's easy to use!

Quote:
Definitely take advantage of that guilt while you can
I was going to buy from American Buttons but if there is someone on here who sells them, I would love the info.
Yeah I definitely took advantage
Old 03-21-2011, 09:16

[QUOTE=hilogirl_96720;1013226]I was going to order from American Button but ended up going with someone on eBay - the package with 1000 parts came out cheaper. Good to know it's easy to use!

Do you mind sharing want ebay seller you bought it from?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:29

[QUOTE=ScrappyJill;1015585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
I was going to order from American Button but ended up going with someone on eBay - the package with 1000 parts came out cheaper. Good to know it's easy to use!

Do you mind sharing want ebay seller you bought it from?

Thanks!
I just joined this yahoo group and they are getting ready to do a GB on them where you could put the one you want in layway... ( make monthly payments) Here is the group information. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/buttonsupply
Old 03-21-2011, 10:24

[QUOTE=ccsunshine25;1015600]
Quote:

I just joined this yahoo group and they are getting ready to do a GB on them where you could put the one you want in layway... ( make monthly payments) Here is the group information. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/buttonsupply
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have tried searching yahoo groups for a button making group but for some reason I could not find any. I just requested to join this one
Old 03-21-2011, 10:39

I have the 1" tecre. Love it! For the first 20 min. of so I was confused, but I watched a youtube video and realized the simple thing I was doing wrong. Have to warn you that button making is addicting I bought mine from ebay. The store was button safari, but I've purchased parts from other dealers.
Sponsored Links