key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:27

Default Throwing Out ET Lite - Loving My Resin Drops!

Using ET Lite has been so hit & miss for me - the bubbles, weather & temperature wreak havoc on my caps! I have used polyurethane stickers from previous group buys and they were okay in a pinch but I disliked the way the surface of the sticker was tacky and somewhat "gummy" feeling (not sure if maybe I got bad batches of them?).

I purchased some from Sweet*Lilly*Rose's last group buy, and I'll admit it was mainly because the price was really good. They sat on my craft shelf for a few weeks and I pulled them out last night for a rush order. OMG I wish I'd bought them from her sooner. Crystal clear, strong bond, and best of all the finish is wonderfully smooth and glassy. Super impressed with these drops (and she shipped quickly once the drops arrived to her).

I'm officially a convert - no more measuring, mixing & breathing stinky fumes for me
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 03:40

Default Re: Throwing Out ET Lite - Loving My Resin Drops!

are those the little topper things that seal the image on the cap? I don't know much about bc ..however I was just at HL today and saw they have these..(if there are what I described) a whopping 24 of them for $9.99...

I hope there is another buy on these I'd like to try them out sounds like a great reccomendation thanks for sharing.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
are those the little topper things that seal the image on the cap? I don't know much about bc ..however I was just at HL today and saw they have these..(if there are what I described) a whopping 24 of them for $9.99...

I hope there is another buy on these I'd like to try them out sounds like a great reccomendation thanks for sharing.
Yes those are it! They were 7 each with her last buy here:
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...-drop-buy.html
Email her, I just put in another order this morning
Old 03-04-2011, 04:25

What aroud the edges? Ive heard that some lift all around and they have to go around with something else I have never use any kind but would like to try them.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxybunnyg View Post
What aroud the edges? Ive heard that some lift all around and they have to go around with something else I have never use any kind but would like to try them.
I used the Xyron to affix the image to the cap, put the resin drop on, covered it with a plastic sheet (used the one that was covering the drops) then used a soft cloth and firmly buffed the drop to make sure it was good and stuck. I checked them this morning and they're still nice and tight, no lifting. I think the secret is to really rub them on well - this got rid of the little air pockets too. The other drops I've used did have a little bit of an issue with lifting within the first 24 hours, nothing major though. I'll check them again when I get home and will report back
Old 03-04-2011, 06:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
I used the Xyron to affix the image to the cap, put the resin drop on, covered it with a plastic sheet (used the one that was covering the drops) then used a soft cloth and firmly buffed the drop to make sure it was good and stuck. I checked them this morning and they're still nice and tight, no lifting. I think the secret is to really rub them on well - this got rid of the little air pockets too. The other drops I've used did have a little bit of an issue with lifting within the first 24 hours, nothing major though. I'll check them again when I get home and will report back
Thanks for the info, let me know how they look tomorrow.
That would save me from using the not so friendly ET lite
Old 03-04-2011, 08:27

I love those resin drops- what a wonderful invention! I have been using them for about 6 months now and never had a problem with lifting!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:01

Where exactly did u get these? Etsy? Here? I bought something like them but haven't tried them yet. I have never done bottle caps before because I don't want to mess with that resin stuff. Thanks for the info by the way!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:20

My DD (13 yrs old) makes my bottle caps for me. We use the xyron sticker maker and the drops. I just wanted to say that my 19 month old threw one in a sink full of soapy water and I did not find it until I washed dishes. It was perfect!!!
Wholesale Ribbon Sculptures- accepting limited orders- http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/ribbo...culptures.html
Old 03-05-2011, 02:20

Wow the drops survived being dropped in water?! I'm so impressed with these <3
Mary opened another buy for these in the GB section. And no lifting on my caps
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies