key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:47
Sweet Mommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,551
Default Re: ribbon retreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendymom View Post
I already got 2 packages from RABOM and both times the 3/8" ribbon is very messily (if that's a word) rolled onto what seems like a 5/8" spool. It drives me insane to the point that I re-rolled it and cut the center of the spool in half. Does everyone have this issue???
Um, YES!
I don't mean to go on a rant here....BUT I get strange things from them ALL the time.
Like I ordered the minnie resins & the black ones had two different colored bows on it (in the same package). Uh, what? I can't use them for a piggy pair . oh well.
Then I get their navy striped ribbon in 3/8" and the white was not white. it was like the navy bled into the white. I couldn't use it.

Whatelse?! OH! I had ordered a small batch of korkers to see the quality & they were pretty good. So I put in another big order & this time they were worthless. the white wasn't springy & the kork was not tight at all. Plus there were burn marks on it. I just make my own now.

Why send out crappy stuff? I makes me mad. I have NEVER received anythign bad from TRR.

It's almost time for me to renew my membership & even thought trr is a bit more expensive on prints, i think I'm going with them this time b/c they rock!


jmo sorry for the book
__________________
Maggie

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:01
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: ribbon retreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetapple View Post
Um, YES!
I don't mean to go on a rant here....BUT I get strange things from them ALL the time.
Like I ordered the minnie resins & the black ones had two different colored bows on it (in the same package). Uh, what? I can't use them for a piggy pair . oh well.
Then I get their navy striped ribbon in 3/8" and the white was not white. it was like the navy bled into the white. I couldn't use it.

Whatelse?! OH! I had ordered a small batch of korkers to see the quality & they were pretty good. So I put in another big order & this time they were worthless. the white wasn't springy & the kork was not tight at all. Plus there were burn marks on it. I just make my own now.

Why send out crappy stuff? I makes me mad. I have NEVER received anythign bad from TRR.

It's almost time for me to renew my membership & even thought trr is a bit more expensive on prints, i think I'm going with them this time b/c they rock!


jmo sorry for the book
Soooo glad someone else has this issue!!! It drives me insane!!! The only time I order from RABOM is when TRR is out of the colors I need. Which sucks cuz I really do sit there and re-roll all the ribbon!!!
Membership? TRR? I don't have that... and I'm beginning to feel really dumb now!!
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:06
kcc kcc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,023
Default Re: ribbon retreat

I placed my first order with RABOM on Saturday. I got a message 2 days ago that it was shipped. How long does it normally take from shipment date to receive? Also, do ya'll know how they ship? USPS, FedEx?

TIA for your answers.

God bless.
__________________
~Kelly
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:14
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: ribbon retreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc View Post
I placed my first order with RABOM on Saturday. I got a message 2 days ago that it was shipped. How long does it normally take from shipment date to receive? Also, do ya'll know how they ship? USPS, FedEx?

TIA for your answers.

God bless.
I think 2 or 3 days. Shipping depends how large your order is. I think for a large order they ship UPS, but my last order was pretty small and I got it priority mail.
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49
carolinagirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 824
Default Re: ribbon retreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendymom View Post
I already got 2 packages from RABOM and both times the 3/8" ribbon is very messily (if that's a word) rolled onto what seems like a 5/8" spool. It drives me insane to the point that I re-rolled it and cut the center of the spool in half. Does everyone have this issue???
I have never had this issue
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2011, 12:51
SuzannesChicBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: falls church VA
Posts: 291
Default Re: ribbon retreat

I've never tried RABOM but I love TRR!
__________________
Suzanne ~ Awesome Wife & Mommy To Princess Victoria
http://www.facebook.com/suzannes.chic.bowtique
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:54
cackysanda's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,049
Default Re: ribbon retreat

I ordered a package this morning and got an email this afternoon saying it shipped!! WHEW HOO!!! Go TRR!!!
__________________
----Cassie
Remember, SEARCHING the forum is your absolute BEST FRIEND!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger