http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:17

Default Re: I'm scared of using my wood burner...

I did burn my finger with mine and maybe I'm just a wuss, but it hurt! It blistered immediately. But, I soon got up the nerve to use it again! I only use mine at night when both kids are asleep b/c I don't feel comfortable using it with them around. I would feel horrible if one of them got injured from it. But I can not imagine making korkers w/o it. So give it a shot, but be very careful with it.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2008, 02:25

I just used ine for the first time. what a neat little tool, but it sure does get hot!!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48

A few months ago I burned myself,,,,,,,,hurts like heck,,,,,,I hit the cord and it slid off onto my lap, had on shorts and it left a nice little scar...I then found Tonya's inst for the cutting mat, which is an excellent tool!!!! THANKS TONYA FOR THAT! I took a piece of duct tape and taped the stand to one side of the mat and then place another loosely over the cord (kind of like a tunnel for the cord to slide through), that way, if I accidently drop it or lose control, it doesn't have for to go.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanjaysmom View Post
A few months ago I burned myself,,,,,,,,hurts like heck,,,,,,I hit the cord and it slid off onto my lap, had on shorts and it left a nice little scar...I then found Tonya's inst for the cutting mat, which is an excellent tool!!!! THANKS TONYA FOR THAT! I took a piece of duct tape and taped the stand to one side of the mat and then place another loosely over the cord (kind of like a tunnel for the cord to slide through), that way, if I accidently drop it or lose control, it doesn't have for to go.

Can you please post a link?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanjaysmom View Post
I took a piece of duct tape and taped the stand to one side of the mat and then place another loosely over the cord (kind of like a tunnel for the cord to slide through), that way, if I accidently drop it or lose control, it doesn't have for to go.
Ooooo, great idea! I love the cord tunnel idea! They also make cord clips for computer mice like that - I bet they would work too if you wanted the cord held in place a bit further back from the mat.

The instructions are here:
A Flight of Fancy: Hairbows, Free Tips

I absolutely love my cutting mat! I can measure out bow loops and parts for clippies right there and never have to move to seal the ribbon. It's more efficient for me to have everything right in front of me since I usually have kiddos coloring on the rest of the table so I can't be spread out everywhere.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
Ooooo, great idea! I love the cord tunnel idea! They also make cord clips for computer mice like that - I bet they would work too if you wanted the cord held in place a bit further back from the mat.

The instructions are here:
A Flight of Fancy: Hairbows, Free Tips

I absolutely love my cutting mat! I can measure out bow loops and parts for clippies right there and never have to move to seal the ribbon. It's more efficient for me to have everything right in front of me since I usually have kiddos coloring on the rest of the table so I can't be spread out everywhere.

Hope that helps!
Thank you!!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:45

oooohhhh, mouse cord clip, I'll have to look for one, I bet it would work better than the duct tape sticking to itself and having to readjust it.. and Tonya by the way,,,,,,,,I loooooooooooooovvvvvvvvve my cutting mat!!! Again Much Thanks to you!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:58

I am so nervous about mine too! I don't like the stand it came with, and the cord is so short! I do see how it saves time and is helpful, but I can't believe how hot it gets so fast!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:05

I don't like the stand on mine either, but once I used Tonya's mat and taped it down, it was much more feasible. I also use and extension cord on mine r/t the cord being so short.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalw68 View Post
I've used mine once...luckily, didn't burn myself, but it's bound to happen. I just am not sure about how to "control" it...kwim? I'm having a hard time making circles / designs. I know to use a ruler for a straight line, but what about other things? Any advice is welcomed.
Go to office depot or office max and get the metal artists thingies with all the circles and shapes. They are usually with the compasses and rulers. They are great for different lines and stuff with the woodburner :-)
Sponsored Links