Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:26

Default Re: I'm scared of using my wood burner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jill* View Post
i use mine at times and i still have a fear of it and have been burned~ it was a small deep burn and huuuuuuuuuurt~ so be so careful~!
Ouch! I don't wanna get burned!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber427 View Post
I HATE my woodburner. I either burn myself, my table, or a perfectly good bow. This coming from a person that burned a huge whole in my foot with the glue gun.
How??? I'm too afraid of the hot glue gun so I don't use that either.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkazoriginals View Post
aww stop being a bunch of babies! lol just kidding. here is what you do: keep a soaking wet washcloth in a bowl, not only can you use it to clean the tip but it comes in handy when you have an accident. you will burn yourself i do it all the time. but when you do it only hurts for a sec (providing you don't HOLD on! (ainsley lol) when i get burnt it corterizes (spelling) immed and basicaly you cook yourself so i dedens the nerves. I leave it on almost all day , but i have a special "work area" that the girls know they do not go into. Anywho once you get over it, you will be fine, oh and by the way, i have been burnt worse by the hot glue gun and my hot pen is 910 degrees!
I don't wanna have an accident!! Oh well, I know it's inevitable, that's why I haven't touched it yet!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:31

hey leatrice

what is a hot pen?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousbows View Post
I think I've burned myself maybe twice in over a year of using mine. It's awesome! Hold it like a pencil... it's so precise and really makes your bows look more proffessional, in my opinion.
Yeah, my lighter burning is getting more & more sloppy looking.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:46

My bits of advice to avoid getting burned (it's worked for me so far ):

1. Secure the stand somewhere at the back of your work area. Mine is glued down at the back of my cutting mat - still convenient to use, but far enough away I won't accidentally hit it, and doesn't bounce around everywhere.

2. Just be mindful of how you handle it - you'll develop 'muscle memory' for the way you use your burner. I always try to keep the hot part away from any skin - seems to work alright.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:52

I was wearing flip flops and was making bows. My daughter bumped the hot glue gun- and it fell of the table- directly on the side of my foot!!! It burned a DEEP hole.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber427 View Post
I was wearing flip flops and was making bows. My daughter bumped the hot glue gun- and it fell of the table- directly on the side of my foot!!! It burned a DEEP hole.
My guy is 14 months old & always on me! I know he would do something like this to me!!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33

I was afraid of mine as well...It sat in the closet for months before I even used it...I finally figured it all out & use it to cut my korkers...it's great!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:14

Don't be scared. It might become your BFF one day . I burnt a lot of ribbons at first, but now, I can't imagine crafting without it.

My online store:

Sponsored Links