5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:43

Default SLR Help...Which do I get??

I have narrowed my search down to Canon, but which one to get?

I have a point and shoot but want an SLR to take great family photos and do my own product photography for my business (kids clothing and accessories)

So it is between the Canon Xs
or do I go big and go for the T21???

I don't want to get a camera that is too much work for me to learn and enjoy, so I thought the XS would be better, but then I don't want a camera that has too little features so I thought I should just get the better camera T2i...????
But if I get the XS I can afford to get a bundle with an extra lense and other goodies....Any suggestions??

Also, where is the best place to purchase...is Ebay safe?

I would love to know the best features of both and any negatives...
For example I hate when my pictures come out blurry, do both these cameras have the feature that makes your pictures clear??
Do you need a special lens to do video on the T21?

Thanks for any input!!
~Jessica

Last edited by baby j; 02-25-2011 at 01:46.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2011, 02:05

Default Re: SLR Help...Which do I get??

*watching*
Old 02-25-2011, 02:34

I started with rebel xt and upgraded quickly. I love my 50D because the iso is higher. Also What are you using the camera for? If it's for products I love my 50mm because the f stop can go really low (for that blurred background look) and it's only $80 something dolalr, but you also need a lens to use everyday. I don't know which lenses is coming with your package, but I didn't care for my 17-55 that came with my XT. My 50D came with 18-135 and I love that lens more. So I wouldn't even get tons of lenses at the begining, because you might regret it later on kwim.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33

Good place to look for one is B&H Photo. They have good prices and are very reputable company. I have a 30D Canon (had it about 5 years) and love it, but would definitely buy a 50D at least now.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:48

I have a Canon 7D, and I LOVE it! It was a big investment for me, but has paid off! I got a great deal at Best Buy with a 4 year warranty. I love the options with it. I am still learning.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:47

I am personally looking at the t2i I think anything higher than that is a bit extreme just for product/model shots. I have looked at several reviews and the t2i seems to be a great camera and better that it's predecessor.

Good luck! It will be AWHILE before I buy mine, unless of course my etsy shop really takes off! lol
Old 02-26-2011, 03:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
I am personally looking at the t2i I think anything higher than that is a bit extreme just for product/model shots. I have looked at several reviews and the t2i seems to be a great camera and better that it's predecessor.

Good luck! It will be AWHILE before I buy mine, unless of course my etsy shop really takes off! lol

I agree, unless you plan to do more with your camera the t2i is a great place to start. Mine was an upgrade, and I am getting more into photography and taking some classes. So that was my reasoning.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPetals-Bowtique View Post
I agree, unless you plan to do more with your camera the t2i is a great place to start. Mine was an upgrade, and I am getting more into photography and taking some classes. So that was my reasoning.
Maybe one day I will be able to use that reasoning on my dh.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg

Tags
camera, canon, dslr