New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:19

Default Re: I need a sizzix experts PLEASE!!

Hi,

This is my first reply to a post! Michael's has Sizzix dies on sale at 40% off this week. I also found a few at Joann's Fabric & Crafts. Hobby lobby had none in the store but I believe they can be purchased on the Hobby Lobby website.

I received my big Shot Express as a gift from my DH for my Valentine's Day birthday. He bought my Big Shot Express from an online dealer- http://www.itscheaperthantherapy.com/servlet/StoreFront. It is a Sizzix Superstore and was the first retailer to sell Sizzix products to the public when Sizzix debuted. Her name is Maria B AKA "The Sizzix Lady" and it was a pleasure dealing with her. He was able to purchase my Big Shot Express at a great price since it is being discontinued and it was her last one. She assured me that she has spoken to Sizzix and they will stand behind any repairs that may ever be needed (I hope it doesn't need any!) even though the production of them has ceased. You will find just about every Sizzix die there is on this site.

Many of the scrapbooking sites also have Sizzix dies for sale and it's possible to find them on sale. They can also be purchased directly from the Sizzix.com site. Did you know that they have a Sizzix outlet? It can be found on the upper right corner of Sizzix.com. They have fabulous deals but it's hit and miss.

I am thrilled to have found this site. I am in the infancy stage (more like brand new baby! Lol) with bow making and experimenting with different hair accessories for my 2 granddaughters ages 4 years and 4 months. I don't plan on starting a business. This is just a hobby to keep me busy and from going crazy in my now too quiet house! I selected the Big Shot Express because I needed the machine to be electric due a disability with my dominant right hand and because it can cut fabric. I've also been trying to re-purpose and look at things with new eyes. It's surprising what has turned out to be usable templates for flowers and reusable containers to use for storage! I've been buying a lot of scrap booking type embellishments to use in making hair clips and Prima Marketing has many beautiful lines of fabric flowers new in 2011 in addition to many from previous years. Since I am not a fan of glitter, I try to stay away from using flowers with glitter on them. I also don't want to risk the baby getting glitter in her eyes or nose.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your ideas and for providing the free tutorials. My DH bought a bunch of organizational storage items for me to get a work space in order. He has promised to start building a work table for me soon. I certainly hope so! Lol

I look forward to more great ideas!

Thank you.
Chris
Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2011, 09:50

So I got one of the sizzixs flowers dies and it's lots smaller then I wanted.. Where can I get some bigger flower then the sizzix dies offer? What is a spellbinder and where can I buy those?
I want to make this size...
http://sewcando.blogspot.com/2010/07...c-flowers.html
Can the cuddlebug die work w/ the sizzix?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:10

I would love to know this answer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
So I got one of the sizzixs flowers dies and it's lots smaller then I wanted.. Where can I get some bigger flower then the sizzix dies offer? What is a spellbinder and where can I buy those?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:15

Spellbinders are metal dies. They come in many different shapes and sizes. They can be purchased at hl and scrapbook stores. Not sure about michaels or Jo Anns. They are nice because you can get many different size flowers in one pack. For me they are a little pricey. I tend to check hl for their clearance area and find one or two there occasionally.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21

Quote:
If you take a look at the link that I posted it tells you have to make the sandwhich for every manchine.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:38

Quote:
Where do you buy the wool felt blend?? I didn't know there was a difference.
I'll send you a pm if I can.

Quote:
Spellbinders are sold at Joann's and Hobby Lobby. They have a website too. They are usually 24.99 @ Joann's & HL. But you can get them with the 40%.
I have some & couldn't get the acrylic felt to have a clean cut. I had to go around with my sissors & clean up. The wool blend cuts like butter.
You have to use the big layer tab thing & your cutting plates all together to use the spellbinders.
Cuddlebug work too. That picture in your link is Spellbinders. They are nestabilities or something like that.

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Old 02-16-2011, 10:44

In those instructions for the big flowers, she is using Nestabilities/Spellbinder die. Unfortunately, I don't think they make them anymore.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxkitty View Post
In those instructions for the big flowers, she is using Nestabilities/Spellbinder die. Unfortunately, I don't think they make them anymore.
Thanks for ruining my day Jinx.

So am I just going to have to hand cut some bigger flowers then?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:55

Quote:
Thanks for ruining my day Jinx.

So am I just going to have to hand cut some bigger flowers then?
Keri why do you want it so BIG
Old 02-16-2011, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield615 View Post
Keri why do you want it so BIG
I like BIG things what can I say?
Sponsored Links