Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:32

Default Re: I am in crafters heaven!

Ok here are some of the flowers I made today. They are about 2 1/2 inches long so perfect size for clippies in my opinion but they dont need to be stacked if you wanted to go with the smaller size flower which is about 1 1/2 inches. I may play with the smaller ones on clips too and see what I like best but I hope these will be a big hit at shows!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20110220-00102.jpg (74.1 KB, 74 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 02-20-2011, 06:10

Michael's has the machines 50% this week? Are the dies half off too? I haven't gotten today's ads yet so I can't look. I like those flowers! I'll have to get that die. Thanks for sharing the #! Its been snowing here all day too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBell1 View Post
Ok here are some of the flowers I made today. They are about 2 1/2 inches long so perfect size for clippies in my opinion but they dont need to be stacked if you wanted to go with the smaller size flower which is about 1 1/2 inches. I may play with the smaller ones on clips too and see what I like best but I hope these will be a big hit at shows!!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
I know! I tried to do some researching online, just so I would have an idea of what I wanted, but I got overwhelmed, so I just scored the machine, since I knew that was a good deal! I do need the circles for sure, I'll have to check on the cuttlebug ones. I am kind of looking at these: http://www.itscheaperthantherapy.com...e--dsh-/Detail

Has anyone tried them?
I have the die you are looking for. It's a special edition die cut from spellbinders. It cuts through stiffish cotton fabric, like just laundered and ironed regular fabric. These don't cut very well through felt that I bought at michael's, they are just not deep enough. I use it for paper and have experimented with it and felt was a no go. hth

Dee =)

Last edited by RoosMommy; 02-20-2011 at 08:12.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:11

I just ordered a Sizzix Big Shot. Joanns.com has it on sale!!! I also got free shipping. The coupon code is PIA68.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18

Oh I am glad you mentioned that, cause I only want them for cutting felts. Do you use wool blend felt? I have read on this board that some dies only work with wool blend felt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosMommy View Post
I have the die you are looking for. It's a special edition die cut from spellbinders. It cuts through stiffish cotton fabric, like just laundered and ironed regular fabric. These don't cut very well through felt that I bought at michael's, they are just not deep enough. I use it for paper and have experimented with it and felt was a no go. hth

Dee =)
Old 02-21-2011, 11:13

No they were full price there but they had a 50% off coupon any one item for yesterday only for presidents day. They still have the 40% off one today though. I got lucky and got 2 papers yesterday so I sent DH through to buy my Sizzix for $52 and then I went through with another coupon and got my die for $8. But then I went over to JoAnns and they had dies there 40% off this week plus they have a 10% off your entire purchase coupon including sales items so you can get the dies for 50% there. JoAnns has the BigKick online for $49.99 but its online only. This was my early b-day present so I was looking for the best way to save DH some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
Michael's has the machines 50% this week? Are the dies half off too? I haven't gotten today's ads yet so I can't look. I like those flowers! I'll have to get that die. Thanks for sharing the #! Its been snowing here all day too.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:08

Maybe a dumb question and I appologize because I am new to this. Can you make birthday banners with the big shot also? Is the machine big enough to make those big circles? Just wondering because I want one and it would be nice to make a banner as well for my son's birthdays. TIA!

Wholesale FOE headbands and Bowbands
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sarah* View Post
Maybe a dumb question and I appologize because I am new to this. Can you make birthday banners with the big shot also? Is the machine big enough to make those big circles? Just wondering because I want one and it would be nice to make a banner as well for my son's birthdays. TIA!
How big a banner are you talking about? I have a pennant die cut that is probably 3in maybe, I am not close to it or I would measure. I am not sure what the biggest circle you can make would be? If they make a die it could be the size of the board that you are cutting on! Sorry not much help!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykay717 View Post
How big a banner are you talking about? I have a pennant die cut that is probably 3in maybe, I am not close to it or I would measure. I am not sure what the biggest circle you can make would be? If they make a die it could be the size of the board that you are cutting on! Sorry not much help!
Yeah, I guess I was wondering what was the biggest circles /shapes this machine can cut. Thanks for your help!

Wholesale FOE headbands and Bowbands
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif