key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:33

Default Square - Accept Credit Card Payments through smart phone?

Is anyone using this service called Square? It allows you to accept credit card payments through your IPhone, iPad or Android phone, and was created by the same guy who created Twitter.

Features: https://squareup.com/features

"Wired" magazine article: http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/...-credit-cards/

I am interested in using it for craft shows, but wanted to get some feedback from current users.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:49

Default Re: Square - Accept Credit Card Payments through smart phone?

I have been researching this same thing today.
If you "credit card square" into the search there is a bit of info in some threads.
Most is from when it first came out though.
I am interested in hearing from people who have used it at shows and I am wondering if anyone has any problems with it.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:56

I bought myself a new phone - HTC Incredible - just to be able to use this app. It is great. I got the little plug-in about 2 weeks after I signed up and downloaded the app to my phone. You open the app at a show, punch in the amount owed, swipe their card, or you can key in the numbers, but there is a slightly higher % charge for that, you can add notes if you want - like what they purchased, etc., then hand them your phone and they sign their name with their finger, add their e-mail if they would like and a reciept will be sent to them! then, the next day or so, i get a receipt in my e-mail that shows exactly where I was via Google maps, the address, and how much I charged, and how much will be deposited into my account after they take the % and .15 swipe charge! GREAT!!!!!! Just need to practice swiping the card - can't go too slowly.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
I bought myself a new phone - HTC Incredible - just to be able to use this app. It is great. I got the little plug-in about 2 weeks after I signed up and downloaded the app to my phone. You open the app at a show, punch in the amount owed, swipe their card, or you can key in the numbers, but there is a slightly higher % charge for that, you can add notes if you want - like what they purchased, etc., then hand them your phone and they sign their name with their finger, add their e-mail if they would like and a reciept will be sent to them! then, the next day or so, i get a receipt in my e-mail that shows exactly where I was via Google maps, the address, and how much I charged, and how much will be deposited into my account after they take the % and .15 swipe charge! GREAT!!!!!! Just need to practice swiping the card - can't go too slowly.
I use it, but I have the Droid Pro and the swiper is not compatible with my phone yet (only the other Droids). I can still key in the card number which is ok for me even though it's a higher % because I don't do shows, so I hardly ever use it. Awesome invention though! Really comes in handy, especially if someone comes to pick something up and they don't have exact change and I don't have any change... just give me their card instead!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10

I have used it for almost a year now and I love it. They have even updated it so that youbcan add picturesnofnyour products on it. I have not tried that feature out yet but am very excited about it. It is not taking as long tonget the swiped either. I think you will enjoy it. It's free so you have nothing to loose just for trying it out. Get it early though so that you can get your swiper before your show. It is cheaper to use the swiper.
I hope you enjoy it!
Kim

www.my3angelwings.com
Old 02-11-2011, 11:23

I did see that photo option on a video - is that only for an iPhone or for all Droid phones as well? I will have to give that a try - It would be faster for me than to type in a list of items since I don't text well!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:35

Used it at my show in Dec. Works gets! Just have to be careful about being able to get a signal. Sometimes for indoor shows, it's hard but other than that, it's fantastic.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:02

The transaction part works super well!

For those that have used it - we tried to set mine up with descriptions - so I could punch in 1 'plain bow' at 5.00, etc., I thought it would be great for inventory - the only problem, we have found that none of the descriptions come through at the end, just the amounts. Did anyone else have that problem?
Old 02-12-2011, 01:18

Interesting. If I enter my phone type, will the website tell me if Square is compatible with my phone?

I have an iPad. Is anyone using it with an iPad?
Old 02-12-2011, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr82cre8 View Post
Interesting. If I enter my phone type, will the website tell me if Square is compatible with my phone?

I have an iPad. Is anyone using it with an iPad?

The website does have a list of compatible carriers and phones. I have used it with my Evo and my ipad as well. It has been a life saver for those impulsive shoppers that never seem to carry enough cash. I have been using it for a while with out any problems, except for some indoor shows as a pp mentioned. Other than that I would definately recommend it.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif