Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:05

Default Re: PerkyBowz Angle Template from LAMB (Look At My Baby), they also make the Gator Bi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
YouTube!!! Check out the first LAMB video below.

I also came across the second LAMB video which may answer your earlier question about how to secure your folded bow so it doesn't move when putting the Gator Bite (GB) on it. As someone else suggested, you use a salon clip.

I've seen this second clip before but having seen it again I think I have a better idea of where I'm going wrong with the figure 8 technique.

Kel
Thank you!! I had done a search on youtube but I guess I was looking in the wrong place. Watching the PerkyBowz one, I can see that I'll probably continue to use the BBM for that style bow.

After watching the 2nd one, I think I'm angling my figure 8 a little bit differently. I'm going to try one the way she does it sometime today.

Have you posted any of your figure 8 bows? I'd love to see one. Maybe we'll both be able to figure this thing out
Old 02-05-2011, 10:33

Default Re: PerkyBowz Angle Template from LAMB (Look At My Baby), they also make the Gator Bi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
After watching the 2nd one, I think I'm angling my figure 8 a little bit differently. I'm going to try one the way she does it sometime today.
Yeah, this video might help explain why I can't fit the Sally clip. I thought I'd read that the "x" shape should be narrow to make the loops perky. But I think I've been overdoing it. Since it seems to (over?) extend the top and bottom of the figure 8, which ultimately form the two pairs of loops; and makes those loops fuller/longer so the Sally clip winds up being too short. (Does any of that make sense?)

In the LAMB “boutique bow” clip I see that the "x" shape is actually as wide as it can be since both ends of the ribbon are actually perpendicular to the middle. Also, the ends seem to completely overlap ... where other instructions have you match the first end to the middle and then slightly overlap the first end with the second end. And with the usual instructions it’s always off center. It would have to be wouldn’t it? If the first end is perfectly centered, and the other slightly overlaps it. Right?

For the moment it all makes sense in my head. We'll see what happens when I sit down to make my next perky bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Have you posted any of your figure 8 bows? I'd love to see one. Maybe we'll both be able to figure this thing out
I haven't completed a lot of figure 8 bows and I seem to have some sort of psychological block with the camera.

I'm kind of like a toddler that needs to have everything worked out in his head before he takes that first step. It's not quite the same thing as being a perfectionist but the effect is the same.

You might call it analysis paralysis.

That plus the fact that I hate to throw anything away. I didn't start making real progress until I realized I could minimize waste by undoing and re-doing my bows. The problem is I don't have much to show for the effort. It took me four or five tries and hours and hours of effort to make each of my last two bows. And now I dread the thought of stacking them because it might ruin them.

Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!

I may just have to take a few steps back and focus on basic bows for awhile. But the thought of that is depressing.

Kel
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
Yeah, this video might help explain why I can't fit the Sally clip. I thought I'd read that the "x" shape should be narrow to make the loops perky. But I think I've been overdoing it. Since it seems to (over?) extend the top and bottom of the figure 8, which ultimately form the two pairs of loops; and makes those loops fuller/longer so the Sally clip winds up being too short. (Does any of that make sense?)

In the LAMB “boutique bow” clip I see that the "x" shape is actually as wide as it can be since both ends of the ribbon are actually perpendicular to the middle. Also, the ends seem to completely overlap ... where other instructions have you match the first end to the middle and then slightly overlap the first end with the second end. And with the usual instructions it’s always off center. It would have to be wouldn’t it? If the first end is perfectly centered, and the other slightly overlaps it. Right?

For the moment it all makes sense in my head. We'll see what happens when I sit down to make my next perky bow.

I haven't completed a lot of figure 8 bows and I seem to have some sort of psychological block with the camera.

I'm kind of like a toddler that needs to have everything worked out in his head before he takes that first step. It's not quite the same thing as being a perfectionist but the effect is the same.

You might call it analysis paralysis.

That plus the fact that I hate to throw anything away. I didn't start making real progress until I realized I could minimize waste by undoing and re-doing my bows. The problem is I don't have much to show for the effort. It took me four or five tries and hours and hours of effort to make each of my last two bows. And now I dread the thought of stacking them because it might ruin them.

Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!

I may just have to take a few steps back and focus on basic bows for awhile. But the thought of that is depressing.

Kel
I agree about the X! I've been angling mine and maybe that's what's wrong? Maybe I'm angling them too much?

And I always take my bows apart too. If I don't like the results I got, I undo them and redo them. Again and again and again! lol
Old 04-16-2011, 02:37

Has anyone had issues with receiving their GB? I ordered one March 26....emailed them saying I hadnt received yet...never got a reply back...on April 10, I checked my account and saw that they shipped it (again) on April 4 but I STILL havent received it...I havent called them yet...I plan to call on Monday if it hasnt arrived...anxious to get it to start making bows!!

Last edited by tweetie2304; 04-16-2011 at 12:38.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetie2304 View Post
Has anyone had issues with receiving their GB? I ordered one March 26....emailed them saying I hadnt received yet...never got a reply back...on April 10, I checked my account and saw that they shipped it (again) on April 4 but I STILL havent received it...I havent called them yet...I plan to call on Monday if it hasnt arrived...anxious to get it to start making bows!!
It probably wouldn't hurt to get in touch with them to see what's happening.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:59

It took me forever to get mine, but I did get it. Have you called them?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:26

No, not yet...I will try and call on Monday ater the mail arrives...Why did it take so long to get yours? I cant imagine it being shipped on the 4th and it still not be here....grrr lol
Old 04-17-2011, 06:17

I would be lost without the perky bow template. I use it to make all of my twisted bows. I use faint pencil marks and never see them once I am done. I also have the BBM deluxe kit but for some reason my bows always come out uneven with it so I don't use it. I also love the gator bite, I use it for anything that needs folding and it always turns out beautifully!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.