New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:31

Default Re: PerkyBowz Angle Template from LAMB (Look At My Baby), they also make the Gator Bi

The Perky Bowz Template wasn't helpful to me at all. I got it with my gator bite. If you want it, I'll mail it to you! lol
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 01:26

Default Re: PerkyBowz Angle Template from LAMB (Look At My Baby), they also make the Gator Bi

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2squirrels View Post
I think this is what they are talking about. Looking at it, isn't it similar to what is on the HG store free instructions? With the "fold on the A, B, C etc."?
Yes, here is a link to Part 1.

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...oducts_id=2380

I have reviewed these instructions several times without actually trying them. As detailed as they are they don't seem to guide you on how to angle the ribbon as you fold.

Kel
Old 01-29-2011, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Where are you girls seeing that the gator bite is $30? It cost $19.99.

Plus, if you buy it right now, you get the PerkyBowz template + instruction book for $2.49 extra.

Am I missing something? Maybe I didn't read this thread right(?)
I must have remembered the price wrong. For $22.50 plus shipping and handling maybe it's worth it.

I don't know why I'm so resistant to getting the Gator Bite since I'm not having the same luck with the Sally Clip that others have. It works ok, but not great. I guess I'm afraid the Gator Bite won't be worth the difference in price.

Kel
Old 01-29-2011, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
The Perky Bowz Template wasn't helpful to me at all. I got it with my gator bite. If you want it, I'll mail it to you! lol
If you're sure you don't have a use for it I can PM you my address.

Thanks,
Kel
Old 01-29-2011, 03:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
I must have remembered the price wrong. For $22.50 plus shipping and handling maybe it's worth it.

I don't know why I'm so resistant to getting the Gator Bite since I'm not having the same luck with the Sally Clip that others have. It works ok, but not great. I guess I'm afraid the Gator Bite won't be worth the difference in price.

Kel
I'm going to get a gator bite even though I'm having success with a sally clip. I think the gator bite will have a tighter hold and I like that idea. The clamp must be stronger because it's not meant to be put in human hair (like a sally clip is).
Old 01-29-2011, 05:01

Maxine I LOVE my GB!!! I tried the sally's clips and had some success with them but the gb clamps down much better and doesn't slip and move so much when tying. I don't use the tying ribbon that comes with it though. I tried it and it was much too bulky IMO. I use plain white embroidery floss.

Quote:
I'm going to get a gator bite even though I'm having success with a sally clip. I think the gator bite will have a tighter hold and I like that idea. The clamp must be stronger because it's not meant to be put in human hair (like a sally clip is).
Old 01-29-2011, 10:11

Quote:
Maxine I LOVE my GB!!! I tried the sally's clips and had some success with them but the gb clamps down much better and doesn't slip and move so much when tying. I don't use the tying ribbon that comes with it though. I tried it and it was much too bulky IMO. I use plain white embroidery floss.
Thanks for sharing m2s! That's great to hear I've had success with using organza to tie off but maybe I'll try the floss(?)
Old 02-01-2011, 11:40

I love my gator bite! I use regular old yarn. So much cheaper!!! I hope you have success with it.
Candace

Quote:
Thanks for sharing m2s! That's great to hear I've had success with using organza to tie off but maybe I'll try the floss(?)
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
If you're sure you don't have a use for it I can PM you my address.

Thanks,
Kel

Sure! Just PM me your addy and Ill drop it in the mail!

Quote:

Tottally agree! I buy Ms. Lydias (I think is the brand name) embroidery thread. It comes on a GIANT roll for a few bucks. Im still using the first roll I ever bought and am no where near done with it. (and I waste A LOT of it lol)
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnielsen82 View Post
I love my gator bite! I use regular old yarn. So much cheaper!!! I hope you have success with it.
Candace
I think I might give yarn a try too! Thanks for mentioning that cnielsen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Tottally agree! I buy Ms. Lydias (I think is the brand name) embroidery thread. It comes on a GIANT roll for a few bucks. Im still using the first roll I ever bought and am no where near done with it. (and I waste A LOT of it lol)
I love using embroidery floss with my korkers