http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:41

Default Re: HELP! Break down of the cutting machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
i personally have the cricut and use it for my bowholders for names and to make my own 3D images also for my bowholders....i've yet to use it for cards or invitations....i just recently learned about the sizzix and now i want one!! lol
I got a Cricut Expression as a Christmas present from my Mother-in-Law. I haven't used it yet, but I was planning to use it for bow holders, too (vinyl cutouts). I haven't used it, yet, but I'm excited to start experimenting with it. I love my Sizzix Big Shot for cutting felt and fabric! You should get one
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 01-14-2011, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLorelei View Post
So do you just cut paper to add to the bow holders?

here's an example on how i use it, i cut out the wording 'hello kitty' twice and used mounting foam in between for the effect
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
I got a Cricut Expression as a Christmas present from my Mother-in-Law. I haven't used it yet, but I was planning to use it for bow holders, too (vinyl cutouts). I haven't used it, yet, but I'm excited to start experimenting with it. I love my Sizzix Big Shot for cutting felt and fabric! You should get one

i didnt even know about the sizzix till yesterday!!! i really hadnt looked into the forums and yesterday i started and read about it!! i love it here!! i have become addicted checking out ideas and also sharing mine!! other than joann fabrics where do they sell it?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:09

I have a sizzix bigkick (it's the same as the bigshot but mine's blue). I use it to cut all kinds of things. If you want to go the manual way I'd suggest getting it and using a michael's coupon; that's what my inlaws did for my christmas present. If you want to make flowers that are the same shape but different sizes, get some spellbinders dies. I just got their daisy patch and posy patch ones (the links are from my fav canadian store to purchase from ~ I do mostly cardmaking). They work really well with felt and can be used with any of the manual die cut machines. hth

Dee =)
Old 01-15-2011, 09:17

Well that settles that I need a Sizzix and a Sillouette Machine lol I spend too much....

Old 01-15-2011, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosMommy View Post
I have a sizzix bigkick (it's the same as the bigshot but mine's blue). I use it to cut all kinds of things. If you want to go the manual way I'd suggest getting it and using a michael's coupon; that's what my inlaws did for my christmas present. If you want to make flowers that are the same shape but different sizes, get some spellbinders dies. I just got their daisy patch and posy patch ones (the links are from my fav canadian store to purchase from ~ I do mostly cardmaking). They work really well with felt and can be used with any of the manual die cut machines. hth

Dee =)
Thanks for the links - I just purchased those 2 dies! Hopefully they won't take too long to get from Canada to the US
Old 01-15-2011, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
here's an example on how i use it, i cut out the wording 'hello kitty' twice and used mounting foam in between for the effect
Cute!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:26

I make Cheer bows, so I need something that cuts fabric for sure. I want them all!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:24

I use the Sizzix BigKick, cuts fabric easily, no snags or anything. However, it can be occasionally difficult to find the die(s) that you need for cheer bows.
Sponsored Links