Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:07

Default gator bite, sally clip, just your hands????

all right! here's the big question....

do you really need a gator clip to make the perfect crease? do you prefer the sally clip? do you just use your hands like in so many of the tutorials?

please respond!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 01:24

Default Re: gator bite, sally clip, just your hands????

I don't have the gator bite, but I do use the Sally's clip on pretty much all of my bows as it is a HUGE time saver for me.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:04

I hand crease by bows. That is how I learned in the beginning, so I haven't really tried the sally clip and the other didn't give me a three crease so I gave up on it.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:15

The Sally's clip. This and Michelles advice using elastic cord. Best advice I have ever received as far as bow making goes.
Jeri
Old 04-22-2008, 05:37

Depends on the bow for me I fold mostly but sometimes use the large metal clip from sallys.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:15

After measuring for the middle, I stitch the crease in. I use six stitches, pull tightly while adjusting the ‘hills and valleys’, then wrap the thread a few times. I saw this idea somewhere when I started trying the boutique bow and could NOT get the creases right.
Upside: perfect creases every time, easy to hold.
Downside: if you miss the center too far, you pretty much have to start over!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:26

I have the gatorbite...LOVE it!

My SIL tried to teach me the handfolding/sewing method... and while I could make where all the folds went when it came time to fold down the center and then sew it I was miserable... I searched the net found the Gatorbite was one off the first with the new model... and love IT... made a bow took it to my SILs who then proceeded to get Pissed causen mine was as good as hers and she struggled for months to get it right...while I did it in less than 2 weeks... at which point I showed her the bite and she then stole I mean then she borrowed mine till she bought hers and hers came in the mail
Old 04-22-2008, 07:40

hand crease. I only hv the old Gator Bite but I've never used it.

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49

I learned using my hands. And still do.... But I bought a Sally's clip and it is a big help for some bows.

Cathy
Old 04-22-2008, 10:09

I have the new gator bite, had I known about the sally clip I would've saved a lot of money. I do use it to crease my bows as I don't have total sensation in my fingers so it makes it a nobrainer for me. I think it is why I can't get the coutique bow, I lose my hold on it trying to get in the gator thing.
Beth
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg