Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:15
Default Re: Specialty Tapes!!

Originally Posted by Debora View Post
I heard back from the company and they (rudely) told me they don't know why all of a sudden all these 'hairbow' people are asking for tape but they will no longer give out free samples.

They pointed out the prices they will be more than happy to charge me though (no discounts however)!

I hope you other guys have better luck with this company.

I am afraid to get any more tape with out trying it first because any tape I've gotten in the past has NOT worked! I got the 'good' stuff too but all my ribbon just keeps peeling off. I've tried all the 'tricks' too - like waiting 24 hours after putting it on to touch it - but nothing worked.

I guess I'll just have to stick to using E6000!

Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
Sounds like the company never really intended to give out these as samples. Most likely the orders were filled automatically. After so many people ordered these they figured it out.

I have a ton of these tapes (1/4") and a bunch of 3/8" ribbons. If you ladies want a sample, I can send you FIVE 4.5 inches of ribbons with the tape on the back. The ribbons should be enough to partially line five alligator clips.

Just send $1 to hilda robles at msn dot com (no spaces) to cover the 44 cent stamp, PP fee, and envelope.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 09:33

I LOVE this forum! What a great idea using double stick tape. I was getting aggravated lining my clips... even with the fine tip glue gun. Thanks again ladies
Old 02-03-2011, 01:32

It seems they did "figure" it out, because they didn't even offer a sample, and said,"Yes it does work to line hair clips", the minimum order is $55". Okay, but when I requested a quote, I specified that I needed a tape to bond fabric to wood (not to line clippies!)

Very strange. They just assume it's for lining clippies now. I ordered some anyways and it didn't work for what I was using it for.
Sponsored Links