5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/canadatulle-150.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/doodlesbowtique.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:23

Default Anyone had problems with their woodburners...

shorting out or something? I had one that lasted over a year, then one day it just wouldn't heat at all. So, I got a new one....one week later, same thing. So, I bought a third one...two weeks later, SAME THING! They were all different brands...died at different plugs...gluegun was plugged into the same plug everytime and has been fine! Any ideas or has this happened to anyone else? I'm worried about something in our house's electrical system
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 02:29

Default Re: Anyone had problems with their woodburners...

Did you have it on for a long time? I just turned mine off after about three hours and even the handle was pretty hot so maybe that's what's doing it??
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47

I've gone through a few, but they all lasted months before they just up and died. When I have mine on, it is for hours at a time...plus I've accidently left them on overnight...not recommended!

Not sure why yours are dying so soon! Especially if you have the glue gun plugged into the same outlet.

ISO: manners
Old 12-12-2010, 02:22

I've had mine over a year and it is still going strong (however I do keep a brand new one for backup lol)

But I'd just make sure that you kept your reciept, that way if it breaks that soon you can return it.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:54

have you tried using a surge protector? maybe the current is unstable?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:03

I never leave mine on for more than 2 hours, when I first started using one I cut about 1,000 pcs of korker ribbon and the handle got to be so hot I could barely hold it any more. So I just started doing a few hundred and then taking a break to put together the korkers and then turning the burner back on after it had cooled. I havent ever had it short out though.

Krista
Old 12-12-2010, 05:07

I had the same exact thing happen to me! I only used the woodburner for about 6 months, then one day it just quit working and wouldn't heat up at all! It was plugged into an outlet with a lamp and a glue gun...and they all work just fine. I bought it at Michaels. Hmmmm????
Old 12-12-2010, 05:53

Mine is a couple of yrs old and it has a lot of hrs on it. The one before this one lastest a week so I have no idea why they stop at the point they do.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:04

I have a cheap one from wal mart that I have had just under a year. I have it plugged into a surge protector and have never had problems with it. I havent even had the handle heat up even after having it on for 5 or 6 hours. - although now that i posted it will probably die tomorrow!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:02

Maybe I'll try both plugging it into a surge protector AND turning it off and on as needed from now on. It's good to know I'm not the only one though!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/girlyribbons.gif