Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:11

Question Decisions??

Ok I have narrowed down my choices for bow making tuts to NBNG, BBM and SBB. Now I know its probably been asked a million times and you veteran bow makers are thinking ugh another newbie with the same 'ole questions. Sorry to be that newbie. I know that there is probably alot of personal preference when it comes to choosing one of these but would love to hear from any of you and you input. TIA

Smiles!
Karen
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 02:26

Default Re: Decisions??

I use the NBNG templates and LOVE them. I also have a gator bite and love it. They make a great combo. Now I have purchased the BBM twisted set and have tried it a couple time with no success, but I think I just need more practice. In my opinion there is less of a learning curve with the NBNG. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoose View Post
Ok I have narrowed down my choices for bow making tuts to NBNG, BBM and SBB. Now I know its probably been asked a million times and you veteran bow makers are thinking ugh another newbie with the same 'ole questions. Sorry to be that newbie. I know that there is probably alot of personal preference when it comes to choosing one of these but would love to hear from any of you and you input. TIA

Smiles!
Karen

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 12-06-2010, 02:47

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE No Bow No Go!!!!!!!!!! They are great and I can't imagine anything else being easier to use!!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:35

NBNG ALL THE WAY! It is GREAT!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49

I purchased the BBM several months ago I made about 5 bows with it and quickly learned the concept. I now make them free hand thanks to the BBM

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Old 12-06-2010, 05:59

NBNG templates are awesome for a beginner who is just learning. I tried them and I could see where they could allow you to finish your bows quickly and all the same size. The only reason I had a hard time doing it was because I had already gotten accustomed to doing them the way SBB taught me...which is by hand. I just added "training wheels" aka The Sally Clip to it. Now I just do them by freehand.

Never tried the gator bite but have heard excellent reviews on it. The only thing bad I heard was it would snag the ribbon sometimes but that was only by one poster.

SBB.....I really liked these instructions because they were basic and easy to follow. She is very detailed but not to the point where you are left scratching your head with frustration. A ton of pics and a ton of suppliers listed for all kinds of hair accessories and much more. I bought all of her books (instructions, tutus, and starting a business (which is very imformative)

It will come down to preference and what all you are needing. I think it was in this forum I listed quite a bit of info of what you would get in the SBB instructions.

NBNG....Devon is super nice and is pretty good about returning your questions. I bought all of her templates when they first came out and after hoarding them because I thought I will one day use them regularly...with Devon's permission I sold them to a HG awhile back.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either one....you will just have to decide or you can always by both like I did...
Old 12-06-2010, 07:18

Thank you all for you input I appreciate your time! Ronnie I had thought about buying both. LOL
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12

I have to put my two cents in... I have the BBM and love them!!! Been using them for 2 years now and couldn't do without them!!!!! Now you're confused, aren't you???
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies