Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:58

Default Sizzix or slice?

I am finally giving in, what do you think is better, the sizzix or the slice? Please help, any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:11

Default Re: Sizzix or slice?

I have no idea what a slice is but if you decide to go with a sizzix, email me b/c I am a wholesaler for them and can get you the machine for 45% off and the dies for 40-50% off and I do buys on here for sizzix too.

I just got my sizzix last month when I did my first buy and I got the big shot and the eclips. So far they have both been really easy to use. My 6 yr olds love using the big shot! Again, I don't know anything about a slice, but the sizzix lets you use dies from other companies like cricut, etc. If I can answer any more questions let me know!

Owner of http://www.tdazzled.com
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00

Thanks for the informaition. Can you get the Sizzix Big Shot Express ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclark View Post
I have no idea what a slice is but if you decide to go with a sizzix, email me b/c I am a wholesaler for them and can get you the machine for 45% off and the dies for 40-50% off and I do buys on here for sizzix too.

I just got my sizzix last month when I did my first buy and I got the big shot and the eclips. So far they have both been really easy to use. My 6 yr olds love using the big shot! Again, I don't know anything about a slice, but the sizzix lets you use dies from other companies like cricut, etc. If I can answer any more questions let me know!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58

So how much would that make it? The electric big shot?
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44

What are you looking to use it for? I personally don't have either but I have read on several posts on this forum (the search button works wonders) that the sizzix big shot is great for felt where as the cricut doesn't cut felt (or at least doesn't cut the felt well). The sizzix big shot also uses other brands dies.

I personally plan on buying a sizzix sometime after the the holidays when I have some cash.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:28

I am wanting it to cut felt. For the record I did use the search button and there was not much on the slice. Not being rude, but that seemed a little sarcastic, I have been on hear for 3 years and I love the search button. One reason I don't have a long list of post is because I do search and don't post the same questions that have been asked over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
What are you looking to use it for? I personally don't have either but I have read on several posts on this forum (the search button works wonders) that the sizzix big shot is great for felt where as the cricut doesn't cut felt (or at least doesn't cut the felt well). The sizzix big shot also uses other brands dies.

I personally plan on buying a sizzix sometime after the the holidays when I have some cash.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:11

Yes I can get anything Sizzix at the wholesale price except for Tim Holz dies and Stampin Up products. The machines I can get any of them for 45% off all the time and sometimes they have promotions where they are 50% off. You can just email me if you decide you would like to get one. We just finished a Sizzix buy and I got all the stuff in today but I can order from them anytime.

The only difference between the Big Shot and the Big Shot Express is that the Express is a plugin instead of crank. Before I ordered my first order I wasn't very excited about having to crank anything! Now that I have it though it almost seems easier b/c you don't have to have electricity, you can take it anywhere...even in the car lol! And it really isn't a "crank" it is just a few circle motions...my 6 yr old twins do it all by themselves even.

The Big Shot cuts through felt very easily and even through multiple layers of felt. I really haven't found anything that it doesn't cut through yet....

The flower dies are awesome and so easy to use! You can cut all three layers out in one motion and then hot glue them together, add a rhinestone or a button to the center and it looks great!

Owner of http://www.tdazzled.com

Last edited by tclark; 12-04-2010 at 03:15.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg