New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:05

Default Sizzix Big Shot question

I have searched but can't find the answer. I got my Big Shot yesterday and I felt like the first time I sent something through that I would break the machine. I have the one with the crank. Then I noticed that the die makes an impression in the plates. It that supposed to happen? I was confused about tab 1 and tab 2. Which do you use if you are cutting a single layer of felt? Also, can you double up on felt? Last question, and this is probably so obvious but I just don't know, I am using the Originals die to cut the circles. There are four size circles. Is there a way that I can just cut one size of the circle? What is the most efficient way to make a lot of felt circles? Do I cut the felt into squares the size of the die first?

Sorry for all the questions!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2010, 02:20

Default Re: Sizzix Big Shot question

Yes the dies always leave the impression in the plates. I just alternate them to lessen the wear like cut a few then move the back plate to the front, reposition the die, etc. Tab 1 and Tab 2 are usually used for the thinner dies like sizzlits, quickutz, etc. If you are using an original die then you shouldn't need the adapter in at all. With an original die you can cut 3-5 layers of felt at a time depending on how thick your felt is. Just try 5 and if it doesn't cut through all of them decrease by one piece of felt until you find how many it will cut. Also just cut your felt to the size of the circle you want to cut and put the felt right over the circle to lessen felt waste, you should be able to cut about 3-5 circles with each pass that way.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:25

Also, is the cutting plates supposed to make that cracking sound when it rolls through, almost like they are going to break? Every die makes an indent into the top plate?
Old 12-02-2010, 02:26

Thank you!!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPrinsesse View Post
Also, is the cutting plates supposed to make that cracking sound when it rolls through, almost like they are going to break? Every die makes an indent into the top plate?
If they are too tight when they go through the machine (too many layers of felt, using the adapter when you shouldn't) the cutting plates can crack but when the die is putting the impression into the plates it does make a slight cracking noise. Usually it just won't go through the machine if you've got too many layers though and when they start to crack from wear it is usually small cracks on the sides of your plates.

*edit to add* Yes every die puts the indentations into the plates but they are still usable until they are completely cracked through which takes a lot of uses.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:27

I just purchased one this weekend and can not wait to get it! so excited, thanks for the heads up so that i want be asking the same questions.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:16

Yes it is normal for the dies to leave an impression in the plates and for the to sound like they are cracking Unless you are using the skinny sizzlets type dies you really don't need the booklet...you just put down one plate, then the die, then the fabric/felt and then the other plate.

If you want to cut just one circle you just have to cut the fabric/felt to the size enough to cover just that circle.

I'm a sizzix wholesaler so if you need any more supplies or anything I wholesale them for 40-50% off and I also do buy here on HG for sizzix. You can also email me with any questions and if I don't know the answer I can call my rep and find out for you!

Owner of http://www.tdazzled.com
Sponsored Links