Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:56

Default GATOR BITE question

Hi ladies,

Im looking into purchasing a gator bite because i have heard good reviewsabout it but i was wondering if you have to purchase the "gator bite tie off material" or if you could use anything to tie the center of the bows with??

Thanks,
pia
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-27-2010, 03:19

Default Re: GATOR BITE question

you may use your prefered material, you don't have to use theirs; hope that helps!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:23

In the beginning I used organza like they did in their videos. That was just getting too expensive and I had heard about waxed dental floss (unflavored!) and decided to give it a try. I LOVE IT and will never again use anything else to tie off my bows. It is the best! HTH

Old 11-27-2010, 11:52

Some use organza, some use floss and some use embroidery thread. Just try them all and see which one works best for you

Old 11-28-2010, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheergrl445 View Post
Hi ladies,

Im looking into purchasing a gator bite because i have heard good reviewsabout it but i was wondering if you have to purchase the "gator bite tie off material" or if you could use anything to tie the center of the bows with??

Thanks,
pia

I just recently got one and it is absolutely awesome, my bows instantly looked 100 times better then when i used to try and stitch them, also they chucked in a free spool of the organza stuff they use to tie off with as well as 2 sml pkts of gripzies as freebies, not sure if you will get it too but I wouldnt pay for the tie off stuff, just use floss or thread thats what ill do when the freebie runs out lol
Old 11-28-2010, 01:25

I use cotton crochet thread. It comes on a large spool at Walmart for a few dollars and lasts a long time

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 11-28-2010, 01:29

I used to use the organza, but just started to use the dental floss too. Last time I used it I used mint and that was a mistake. It started to burn my hands! LOL!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj58 View Post
I used to use the organza, but just started to use the dental floss too. Last time I used it I used mint and that was a mistake. It started to burn my hands! LOL!
I just don't have any luck using dental floss I have the waxed one and it just doesn't work for me. I can't seem to get it to grab and hold.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:29

thanks ladies! i will definentally try all the suggestions!! im wondering if the gator bite will work to tie my cheer bows though!!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
I use cotton crochet thread. It comes on a large spool at Walmart for a few dollars and lasts a long time
This is what I use!