Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:39

Default Help with Cricut vinyl transfer paper

I'm hoping someone can help me make sense of how to use the cricut transfer paper for attaching cut vinyls to walls. For the life of me I can't figure it out.

I think I'm expecting the sticky side to be the grid part of the see through paper. But when I peel it away, the sticky side is on the paper side, which doesn't help me get the vinyl on there straight.

Please help the instructionally handicapped visual learner. I'd greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 11-10-2010, 12:03

Default Re: Help with Cricut vinyl transfer paper

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.... but I do know you can flip your image. Would it help to do that and keep your paper the way you are doing it?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:07

what kind of transfer paper are you using
Old 11-10-2010, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieM View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me make sense of how to use the cricut transfer paper for attaching cut vinyls to walls. For the life of me I can't figure it out.

I think I'm expecting the sticky side to be the grid part of the see through paper. But when I peel it away, the sticky side is on the paper side, which doesn't help me get the vinyl on there straight.

Please help the instructionally handicapped visual learner. I'd greatly appreciate it.
I have never understood why that is either...but, here is what we do- we peel the paper off flip it over so you can see the grid (kinda messy, and annoying I kinda roll the ends so they stick to the work table) Hope that makes sense...lol anyways and then place the letters on the transfer paper. then I peel off the backing from the letters and stick them on.
Now, I am probably doing it all wrong but hey it works!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:22

This may be easier:

Ok so you have your mat with the vinyl already cut. Remove everything but the letters or whatever you're wanting to put on the wall. Make sure you take out the little pieces inside the letters that you don't need as well.

Once that is done, remove the paper backing from your transfer paper. Lay it over your lettering on the mat. Start on one side and make sure you lay it smooth. Rub it with a credit card or the little smoother thing that comes in the cricut tool kit.

Slowly peel back the transfer paper from the mat. Your letters should be sticking to the transfer paper. If not, lay back down and rub harder. Once your letters are all transferred to the paper, you can now put it up on the wall, or whatever project.

I buy the 6" wide rolls of transfer tape. I know that those lines are straight, so I try to line it up with the lines on my cutting mat so when I go to apply it on the wall, I start with my lettering already straight on the transfer tape.

Hope this helps! GL!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyshayngirl View Post
This may be easier:

Ok so you have your mat with the vinyl already cut. Remove everything but the letters or whatever you're wanting to put on the wall. Make sure you take out the little pieces inside the letters that you don't need as well.

Once that is done, remove the paper backing from your transfer paper. Lay it over your lettering on the mat. Start on one side and make sure you lay it smooth. Rub it with a credit card or the little smoother thing that comes in the cricut tool kit.

Slowly peel back the transfer paper from the mat. Your letters should be sticking to the transfer paper. If not, lay back down and rub harder. Once your letters are all transferred to the paper, you can now put it up on the wall, or whatever project.

I buy the 6" wide rolls of transfer tape. I know that those lines are straight, so I try to line it up with the lines on my cutting mat so when I go to apply it on the wall, I start with my lettering already straight on the transfer tape.

Hope this helps! GL!
this is the easiest way to do it...I use the contact paper that you can get at walmart, alot cheaper and I cut it to fit what I am trying to cover...and its clear so I can see what I am doing
Old 11-10-2010, 02:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyshayngirl View Post
This may be easier:

Hope this helps! GL!
So I don't do anything with the grid lined see through paper? I just use the sticky paper? I thought the grid lines would help me adhere the vinyl to the wall straight.

I'll try your suggestions when I get home tonight. Thanks for you help.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieM View Post
So I don't do anything with the grid lined see through paper? I just use the sticky paper? I thought the grid lines would help me adhere the vinyl to the wall straight.

I'll try your suggestions when I get home tonight. Thanks for you help.
After reading your instructions again I think I know some of what I'm supposed to do.

But I still have a question.

Once my letters are on the sticky paper, what do I do with the grid paper? Do I lay it over the back of the sticky paper or the letters or not at all.

I apologize for not picking this up right away. I feel completely stupid. Thanks again for your help.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:30

I buy my transfer paper from the company I order vinyl - I buy the clear, not the white one. But my entire business is bows and vinyl items. I use it all the time and all I do is when I cut my vinyl, I take the extra vinyl off the sheet I am using so all that is on my page is what I cut. I lay my transfer tape over it and then lift. It comes right off for me on the transfer tape.
Sponsored Links