New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:29

Default SIZZIX:BIGKICK or BIGSHOT

which one is better for cutting fabric? or do you think depends on the fabric? THANKS ladies. Waiting for your comments.
IRINA
Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2010, 07:42

Default Re: SIZZIX:BIGKICK or BIGSHOT

I just got a BigShot & really like it alot. I got it specifically for cutting fabric. It does a very good job, but I think some of it depends on the dies you get and what fabric you are trying to cut. I could be wrong, like I said, I haven't had it very long. The Sizzlet dies didn't cut felt for me at all, and I didn't think they cut thinner fabric either until I read (on here probably!) about putting a piece of copy paper between the fabric and the die. That actually helped a lot. It'll cut through thinner fabric as long as the paper is there. I guess it stabilized it. The larger dies go through even felt like its nothing. (I think they are called Originals and Bigz) Probably could put a couple of layers of it in, but I haven't tried...yet. Hope that helps. Also, I bought the one with the push button instead of the hand crank. Way better, faster & easier!!! It cost a little more, but I am already happy I did!!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45

I will like to cut lycra with it... Thatīs my final purpose... HAs anyone tryed lycra?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:13

There is no difference in these machines. Both will cut just about anything that will fit through if you use the right dies. Chipboard, felt, fabric, card stock it will all work. The difference is in the colors and the place of sale. They use the exact same everything else. You use the same cutting mats, folding pads, embossing pads, etc. So, it really comes down to which color you prefer and which machine you can get a better deal on.

There was a split in the company several years back, so now they each have their own cutter name, but the machine is the same

If you go to Sizzix.com, each die will have it's own list of what it will cut. Most of them will cut anything, and either machine will take any die from other machine brands as long as it fits the slot [which covers most everything]...again, each die will have a list of what machine it will fit.

In reality, it's not the machine that does the cutting, its the die. Metal dies will cut more items than the thin plastic ones. Not to say you can't use the plastic dies, but the metal ones will last much longer and make a sharper cut for a much longer time.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
There is no difference in these machines. Both will cut just about anything that will fit through if you use the right dies. Chipboard, felt, fabric, card stock it will all work. The difference is in the colors and the place of sale. They use the exact same everything else. You use the same cutting mats, folding pads, embossing pads, etc. So, it really comes down to which color you prefer and which machine you can get a better deal on.

There was a split in the company several years back, so now they each have their own cutter name, but the machine is the same

If you go to Sizzix.com, each die will have it's own list of what it will cut. Most of them will cut anything, and either machine will take any die from other machine brands as long as it fits the slot [which covers most everything]...again, each die will have a list of what machine it will fit.

In reality, it's not the machine that does the cutting, its the die. Metal dies will cut more items than the thin plastic ones. Not to say you can't use the plastic dies, but the metal ones will last much longer and make a sharper cut for a much longer time.
Thank You---I have been searching for this answer, I certainly appreciate your review on these
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg