New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:37

Default Re: Who Hates Cutting Tulle?

Cutting was there. worst part for me too.Now I just do what one of the previous posters does...use a box.Sounds like your hubby made a cool little gadget.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2010, 11:45

I use foam core board too and it makes cutting even pieces and a whole roll at once so incredibly easy. I wouldn't still be making tutus if I cut it the way I initially did where I measured it all out; omg crazy to think I even did a couple that way.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinasK View Post
I use foam core board too and it makes cutting even pieces and a whole roll at once so incredibly easy. I wouldn't still be making tutus if I cut it the way I initially did where I measured it all out; omg crazy to think I even did a couple that way.
The foam core board alone worked good in the beginning but after a while the rotary cutter cut into the board and I ended up with little white pieces on all my tulle! I could never do it with scissors either.....I am genetically incapable of cutting a straight line with assistance. Glad it's working better for you!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:15

Okay, maybe I am not picturing this in my head the right way, but why would you cut at the top AND bottom? In understand maybe one, but why both? If I want a 12 inch long tutu, wouldn't I just wrap it around a 14? inch board (extra 2 inches for knot) and then cut one side that way all I had to do was knot fold the piece in half and knot it on the tutu? I am soo confused!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalley View Post
Okay, maybe I am not picturing this in my head the right way, but why would you cut at the top AND bottom? In understand maybe one, but why both? If I want a 12 inch long tutu, wouldn't I just wrap it around a 14? inch board (extra 2 inches for knot) and then cut one side that way all I had to do was knot fold the piece in half and knot it on the tutu? I am soo confused!
If you wrap the tulle around a 14" board and only cut it once you will end up with 28" strips. The tulle is doubled around the board.

Make sense??

Last edited by mar-leabowtique; 10-12-2010 at 12:04.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:37

Yes ma'am! I think I got it! I am making an 8 inch tutu so I cut the board 10 inches and I cut only the bottom and so far it seems to be working...even though I haven't put it together yet! lol Still cutting! Thank you!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:56

i just made my daughter a tutu for ballet it was my 1st one i ever made. i never knew there was all these different gadgets go cut tulle , it was a pain to cut if some can post pictures of these gadgets im more visual. so i can try using them on my next one?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:20

marking
Old 10-15-2010, 03:26

Can someone post pics i am visuale and can't picture this.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:42

I used to do something very similar with the wooden dowel and my rotary cutter but still needing to cut one length at a time. Now I have my sizes all cutted up in a doubled layered cardboard (so I can stick my scissors in between) and just roll half a roll on tulle around and cut all at once. They come straight and the same size. The best of all is tat it only takes me 5 minutes or less per roll
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies