Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:39

Default For those of you that make Bottlecaps...Suggestion...

Hey gals, I just want to give a suggestion to those of you that make and sell bottlecaps. I know this might take extra time AND extra money, but I know your customers would appreciate it so much. Could you please put each cap in a separate baggie? Or somehow keep the image parts from touching each other?? I've ordered caps from several bottlecap makers on here and twice when I received the package there were caps with images stuck to each other...When I pulled them apart, either the images ripped or the sealant pealed off, making them unsale-able...Maybe it's because it's been so HOT lately, I dunno...But I ended up having to throw away several of the caps I was so excited to receive... XOXO Amy

***All proceeds from sales go towards medical costs for "Angel" Audrey***
Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2010, 08:05

Default Re: For those of you that make Bottlecaps...Suggestion...

I had the same problem with some I ordered. Actually some of them had the glaze stuck to the plastic baggies that caused creases in the glazed part. and the ones that werent like that had impresstions of the ridges from the other bottlecap bottoms. The caps would had been great if it weren't for that!!!There has to be a better and safer way of delivering them so they don't end up damaged by the time the customer gets them?
Old 09-04-2010, 08:09

this sucks....... let us know some ideas we can think of to make it better. since i live in vegas and its hot.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:22

When sending my customers finished bottle caps, each cap is wrapped where tissue paper is separating them. No sticking from this bottle cap girl!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:26

Oh Christi, I love you chica! XOXOOXOX

Also, another thing I've noticed...when people use their own printer the images don't come out as well. They seem blurry...not always, but some images seem to blur...The best thing might be to have them professionally printed...I know that might cost more, but...well, maybe not in the long run, b/c that ink gets pretty expensive too...

***All proceeds from sales go towards medical costs for "Angel" Audrey***
Old 09-04-2010, 08:32

i use costco....... and ill have to try the tissue idea. thanks christi
Old 09-04-2010, 08:37

i ship mine in baggies, 6 per bag. I have only had 1 complaint where the baggie stuck to some caps. I figured I put the caps in still soft or something.

i think bagging individual would be too costly, but I may have to try the tissue idea. Also if you don't let your seller personally know something was wrong when received, then they will not know how to fix it or even that theyneed to fix something. But keep in mind the post office can damage packages and sometimes they even run over things (yup got back a package of flattened caps that were not flat when I made them)
Old 09-04-2010, 09:23

Thats happened to me too...I got a whole big order of finished caps melted all together in one single clump...I was sooooooo bummed.

When I used to make my bottlecaps I would put a piece of sturdy cardstock fitting the baggie and lay the caps flat on top so they couldn't roll around... Never had a problem with them migrating. LOL.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:54

I wrap mine in tissue paper as well haven't had a complaint yet

Old 09-04-2010, 11:06

To those of you that have received these "melted" together bottlecaps, do you have any idea what kind of resin the person who made them is using? When I first started making bottlecaps I tried many different types of glazes/resins and I had no luck with any of them. No matter how long I let them dry it never seemed to get hard enough. I would let them sit for days and you could still get a finger imprint smudge or whatever. Very frustrating! Then I finally found the ET lite that I had heard everyone talking about. The resin dries to a very clear shiny hard surface and it should not melt or stick or do any of those things you all are describing. It's definitely a lot trickier to work with than some of the other resins, but I think it's definitely worth it! The caps turn out so much better! The shine lasts forever. And I have never had a problem with them sticking together (as long as you let them dry thoroughly!) I would just suggest next time when ordering caps find out what they are using to seal them
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg

Tags
bottlecaps