Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:22

Exclamation If you have little ones, unplug your wood burner!!!

I have my work table (one of those 6 ft, thick white plastic tables) set up in the basement. When I'm not working, I always turn off the wood burner, and unplug the hot glue gun. I never let my two youngest children (3 and almost 2) be down in the basement unless I am down there too. Well, this evening I had a terrible headache, and laid down to take a nap, leaving DH in charge of dinner. He let our little girl (the almost 2 year old) go down to the basement to play while he was in the kitchen. She climbed up to the table, and figured out how to turn on the wood burner! She apparently then dropped it on the table, and it burned a hole right through that thick plastic table---all the way through! I don't know how in the world she didn't burn herself, but thank GOD she didn't!!! Anyhow, DH and I both learned a lesson. I will make sure I also unplug the wood burner, and he won't ever let her play in the basement alone again!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 02:42

Default Re: If you have little ones, unplug your wood burner!!!

oh I'm so glad she's ok!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47

OMG! I am glad she is okay!! That so sounds like something my Aiden would do. She's probably seen you do it a hundred times and remembered. Aiden likes to "make bows" and "sew" and he's always getting my stuff out and trying to imitate me! Lesson learned for you, DH, and me! Unplug and put out of reach!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:20

when my dd was 3 or 4 dh was working on soldering some stuff and she was to fast for dh and she grabbed the burner (the hot part not the handle) and burnt her hand really bad.. i was at work this time dh came to my job and i told my boss i had to leave to take my daughter to urgent care.

Mommy to Yasmin(10) , Daisy(4) Juan(3)
Old 08-24-2010, 09:18

glad she didnt hurt herself, that is scary
Old 08-24-2010, 10:17

That is VERY scary!! I'm glad she was ok!

www.etsy.com/shop/gmacreations1
Old 08-24-2010, 10:34

So glad she is okay! My 22month old always immitates me too. She's always trying to put bows together or holds a lighter to ribbon. I never use my wood burner in front of her because of this, I'm too scared that I will haveone of my brain fart moments and leave it in her reach and she wil hurt herself. My 8yr old watchedme straighten my hair when she was 2 and one day she was in my lap while I was doing it(this was a normal thing). I set it down for a second to unplug it after it was off and she reached for it. It fell onto her arm like a clamp and was maybe there for a few seconds because I heard the noise(she didn't even have time to cry). The burn was bad enough that I cried and still get upset when I see the now tiny scar on her arm. Again, I'm very glad your dd didn't get hurt.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:40

Yea, I'm crazy about turning it off and unpluging it. I figure at least this way there are two steps to get burned. 1 plug it up. 2 turn the switch to on.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:47

I was sooo scared to read this, thinking your LO got burned!! So glad she's okay
Old 08-24-2010, 11:17

I've gotten into the habit of putting my wood burner and rotary cutter on top of a really high shelf when I'm done with them. Let's be honest, if anyone else's dh is like mine, it's safer for everyone if they're even out of his sight and mind, much less the kiddos'.
Glad everyone is okay! Thanks for the reminder.
Sponsored Links