http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:21

Default Re: If you have little ones, unplug your wood burner!!!

Uh! When I read the title I thought OH NO!! Last year I was away on a business trip and came home to my little girl in a burn cast because she touched the woodstove, she had third degree burns that took about a year to heal, she is still very sensitive with her hand

it was such an awful experience (DH still will not forgive himself) and it just made us even more deliegent about watching the kids and keeping them safe.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-24-2010, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloebelledesigns View Post
I was sooo scared to read this, thinking your LO got burned!! So glad she's okay
Me too. That would have been horrible. You can never be careful enough with things that get so hot. Besides just keeping them unplugged it's important to let them know that they get very hot and can burn. I have told my daughter several times about my hot glue gun, and that it will burn her. One day it dropped on the floor (not plugged in or hot), and I asked my daughter to put it back on the table, and she refused to touch it saying it would burn her. I thought well that's actually a good thing; so I went and picked it up myself lol.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:45

I was also afraid to read this one...So glad your DD is okay!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:45

when my ds was three, dh had put the muffler on the ridding lawnmower to stick out about 3 inches, I told him that one of the kids would touch and he was like no, no way they no not to go near it. Well sure enough my ds wanted to be with his dad and grabed it and burned the middle of his hand (dh just finished cutting the grass) boy did dh hear it from me, I took a 2x4 and nocked it out, problem solved, his hand healed nicely because we did first aid quickly on it.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynneybelle View Post
I have my work table (one of those 6 ft, thick white plastic tables) set up in the basement. When I'm not working, I always turn off the wood burner, and unplug the hot glue gun. I never let my two youngest children (3 and almost 2) be down in the basement unless I am down there too. Well, this evening I had a terrible headache, and laid down to take a nap, leaving DH in charge of dinner. He let our little girl (the almost 2 year old) go down to the basement to play while he was in the kitchen. She climbed up to the table, and figured out how to turn on the wood burner! She apparently then dropped it on the table, and it burned a hole right through that thick plastic table---all the way through! I don't know how in the world she didn't burn herself, but thank GOD she didn't!!! Anyhow, DH and I both learned a lesson. I will make sure I also unplug the wood burner, and he won't ever let her play in the basement alone again!

Oh YIKES! I am glad she is OK! I always completely unplug and put my woodburner up high when not in use. It just gets too hot I don't want to take a chance of it being plugged back in....
Sponsored Links