ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:36

Default I think I'm the only one that will say...

That I wasn't overly impressed with TOTT instructions. There wasn't anything in there that I didn't already know by buying previous instructions and hanging out on this site. They would be great for a beginner, but I've already mastered the folds they have in their site, so they did nothing for me. And I hate that they don't have instructions for the bows without having to use the wooden maker.

Anyone else feel like this?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:40

Default Re: I think I'm the only one that will say...

Finally...it's not just me...LOL....I found Lamb's to be sooo much better!
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Old 03-27-2008, 07:42

I thought the same thing!!! I do think they are very well written and organized for someone who doesn't have any basics, but I think if you search hard enough most of the folds can be found for free here! the only fold I got out of it that I didn't already have is the "basic" boutique. I have used the bow maker only for that fold. I do love her site and think she is awsome to work with and as I said they are GREAT inst. for those who are just starting out.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38

Well, it's better to get it out, right? But I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend TOTTS, regardless (for those who wants to BUY instructions). If, for those who already mastered the folds and what nots, yeah, what's in TOTTS, are already out there a.k.a no point buying paid instructions.

Off to get my 3rd coffee!

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:50

Well now I feel better. I have not bought them, but was feeling like I was missing out without them. I may not be an expert at making the bows, don't think I've mastered them, yet. But I think I can find all the info I need and just practice.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 03-27-2008, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
I agree, if you are already an expert bow maker then I think these instructions aren't for you, I think that once you know how to make bows there shouldn't be a need to buy any set of instructions. I found them quite helpful though, since I didn't know how to make most of the bows. It's a great set of instructions for the beginner bow maker, I would definitely recommend to someone that's looking for a good set. They are easy to follow and well organized. I do agree with you on one thing, there should be a set of instructions without using the bow maker, I really don't like that thing it gets in my way .
I bought TOTTS on youcanmakethis.com and it was instructions totally without the bow maker. I do admit, Michelle's instructions are MUCH easier to follow as well as the "cheating butterfly fold" thread that was posted earlier this week.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg