http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:16

Question BBM vs. TNT

I need some help from you ladies! I am wanting to invest in bow templates. I was wondering what you all think of the BBM and the TNT? Which one do you find you can make more of a variety with? Which is easier to work with? I am trying to figure out wich one is the best for the price and quality. Any info you have would be great!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2010, 01:08

Default Re: BBM vs. TNT

bump for the over nights!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:13

i have the tnt and just bought the ultimate kit for the bbm still waiting for them in the mail bt i liked the tnt templates just wanted to try something diffrent and the bbm comes with the surround loops
Old 08-10-2010, 11:39

I've not used the BBM, but I LOVE my TNT! wouldn't change it at all!!

Mommy to: Jackson (03/07), Kymberlin (08/08) Lincoln (02/10) Mason (09/11)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:49

I haven't used the TNT, so I can't speak to them. But, I have the BBM, and I LOVE it. Like you, I was confused about which one to buy, and I did a LOT of research back through old posts on this very subject. The biggest factor in my decision was my struggle with the twisted bows. I just could not make those bows! lol I watched the instructional videos from both TNT and BBM for the twisteds, and, at least to me, it didn't seem that the TNT actually helped you get it 'twisted.' It helped with the fold, and hold it in place, but you still had to really work with it to get it twisted. Again, I haven't tried them myself, so take that opinion for what it's worth!! lol The BBM, the twisted bows were folded completely different, and there was no 'twisting' involved----they came right off the template in exactly the right shape. From what I've read, it seems most people feel like the TNT allows you to make a wider variety of sizes than the BBM, but it seemed almost unanimous that the BBM was the clear winner for making the twisted bow. I saw many people suggest buying the full set from TNT, and just the twisted template from BBM. I didn't want to mess with buying and learning two different sets of templates though, and like a previous poster said, you also get the surround loops template with the BBM. So, I bought the BBM Ultimate Kit, and I am thrilled with it. I do wish that there were a few more templates for a wider range of sizes, but now that I understand the folds better (because of practice with the templates) I have found that I am able to make the smaller sizes without a template and they come out pretty well. So, I guess I would say you need to decide what your ultimate goal is when choosing a set of templates. Do you want to make a large variety of sizes on the templates, or are you struggling with a particular type of bow? I think these are both great products, they just serve different needs. Good luck!!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:53

I love my TNT's, and the book that comes with it is great. Doing the twisted was easy for me. I watched Devon's video a couple of times, and she gives tips in her book on how to do them.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynneybelle View Post
I haven't used the TNT, so I can't speak to them. But, I have the BBM, and I LOVE it. Like you, I was confused about which one to buy, and I did a LOT of research back through old posts on this very subject. The biggest factor in my decision was my struggle with the twisted bows. I just could not make those bows! lol I watched the instructional videos from both TNT and BBM for the twisteds, and, at least to me, it didn't seem that the TNT actually helped you get it 'twisted.' It helped with the fold, and hold it in place, but you still had to really work with it to get it twisted. Again, I haven't tried them myself, so take that opinion for what it's worth!! lol The BBM, the twisted bows were folded completely different, and there was no 'twisting' involved----they came right off the template in exactly the right shape. From what I've read, it seems most people feel like the TNT allows you to make a wider variety of sizes than the BBM, but it seemed almost unanimous that the BBM was the clear winner for making the twisted bow. I saw many people suggest buying the full set from TNT, and just the twisted template from BBM. I didn't want to mess with buying and learning two different sets of templates though, and like a previous poster said, you also get the surround loops template with the BBM. So, I bought the BBM Ultimate Kit, and I am thrilled with it. I do wish that there were a few more templates for a wider range of sizes, but now that I understand the folds better (because of practice with the templates) I have found that I am able to make the smaller sizes without a template and they come out pretty well. So, I guess I would say you need to decide what your ultimate goal is when choosing a set of templates. Do you want to make a large variety of sizes on the templates, or are you struggling with a particular type of bow? I think these are both great products, they just serve different needs. Good luck!!
Thank you so much for this info! I am wanting to be able to perfect basic bows and do twisted bows and the ones will surrounding loops. Size is not as much of an issue for me. I think like you if I get good at it i can make them smaller on my own. Does the BBM do twisted and surrounding loops? Is the ultimate kit the best value? Sorry for the questions and thanks again!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlee-Ann1622 View Post
Thank you so much for this info! I am wanting to be able to perfect basic bows and do twisted bows and the ones will surrounding loops. Size is not as much of an issue for me. I think like you if I get good at it i can make them smaller on my own. Does the BBM do twisted and surrounding loops? Is the ultimate kit the best value? Sorry for the questions and thanks again!
Yep, the BBM has templates for a classic, a twisted, and loops (all in different sizes.) I felt like the ultimate kit was definitely the best value---especially if you are wanting all three types of templates, may as well buy the ultimate and get a little bit of a discounted price.

Last edited by brynneybelle; 08-10-2010 at 04:41.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynneybelle View Post
Yep, the BBM has templates for a classic, a twisted, and loops (all in different sizes.) I felt like the ultimate kit was definitely the best value---especially if you are wanting all three types of templates, may as well buy the ultimate and get a little bit of a discounted price.
thanks you have been a huge help!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:55

Thanks to everyone who posted! I made a decision and just purchased my BBM! I am super excited! Still want the TNT but for now I went with BBM. Yay!
Sponsored Links