ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:44

Default Re: People wanting to do reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanny19143 View Post
Sorry for the two post. I kept getting a error message when I was posting. Ugh.

Thanks for all the fed back. I emailed her back asking her all of those questions. Then I found her blog she only has 23 followers. Idk if she is just maybe starting out. I mean I don't want to over look her just cuz she us staring. I mean we all have to start somewhere. On the other hand I don't want to waste my time either. Ugh

This is her blog link http://bridgettesbotiques411.blogspot.com/

If u ladies can check it out and let me know what you think. I have never even heard of anyone that does boutique reviews. I must be sheltered... Lol.

This lady is contacting numerous boutiques which in my opinion, just trying to get things for free.
I may be wrong but when I checked her out last week she only had 6 followers...and her facebook is private. Like others stated she's not even putting anything about products to promote them so I'd say don't do it.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 06-30-2010, 02:32

I have had this happen a number of times.
Then I look them up and they're just getting started or there's not necessarily the credibility.
But then a few contacted me, even magazines, and it was hit or miss.
"Oh, we didn't use your product in this issue because we'd passed the deadline", etc. Not my fault they contacted me too late.
But didn't make it in for the issue, and I was out the product price, etc.

It's difficult to decide sometimes but I just wing it. If there's a chance but they don't look like they have too many under their belt then I ask them to purchase to try it. They can still write the review

when in doubt just ask the to buy one. Offer to post the link to promote their site after they purchase yours and put up a display. Trade
Old 07-01-2010, 08:51

I agree with the others, either pass on this or maybe offer a discount. I'd pass personally..there are a lot of spelling mistakes on the blog, and when you are supposed to be representing yourself as a pro, those mistakes take away from your credibility. Actual links would be nice too, and better photos.

It might just be me but it bugs me that she doesn't seem to know how to accurately describe the items, and especially when she spelled key item words incorrectly. If I am unsure about something I am spelling, I google it. I would also spell check it, but I'm a little ocd. I still make mistakes sometimes, but this blog was full of them, which tells me she's not putting the time and effort into it that she should if she's receiving products for free.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
I agree with the others, either pass on this or maybe offer a discount. I'd pass personally..there are a lot of spelling mistakes on the blog, and when you are supposed to be representing yourself as a pro, those mistakes take away from your credibility. Actual links would be nice too, and better photos.

It might just be me but it bugs me that she doesn't seem to know how to accurately describe the items, and especially when she spelled key item words incorrectly. If I am unsure about something I am spelling, I google it. I would also spell check it, but I'm a little ocd. I still make mistakes sometimes, but this blog was full of them, which tells me she's not putting the time and effort into it that she should if she's receiving products for free.
OOOHHH ~ I couldn't even read the whole first page of the blog because of the spelling/grammar errors! That stuff really bugs me, too!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Mom Erin View Post
To be honest, I used to be a review blogger. I still have my blog but other life priorities took over so I haven't given it much attention. When I stopped, I had over 6oo readers and a Google PR 3 which got me some good paying advertisers... enough to pay to take my family to Disney this past winter.

I know a lot of bloggers get offended when you talk about that they are scamming people and frankly it's a lot of work, sometimes for just a $10 item and if the blogger is worth anything... well her blog will show it. By the amount of readers, the appearance of her blog, her traffic, the quality of her own photos... etc. I know I spent a lot of time researching my products, interviewing the independant makers, taking pictures and editing those pictures. But there are sloppy writers who will just copy your own photos and slap three sentences on it and call it a day. I didn't do that and many, many other product bloggers don't either.

I don't think it's too much to ask to see her media kit if she has one or ask for stats. If you don't want to do it or don't think it's worth your time, it's ok. Sometimes you get a great blogger and it's worth it, but a lot of times it's not.

Good luck!

ditto this sounds like me, I have a blogger friend who does all mine and she is great, sorry can't share since then she would be promoting two different bows LOL

have a great day, goodluck!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:50

Blog giveaways are only a good thing for you if you have a website or etsy store and if the blogger writes a detailed write up with pictures of the product in use that you sent. Here is an example of a good product review that I had done recently: http://alli-n-son.com/2010/06/08/

Good bloggers get paid in the form of your item that you send. As another poster mentioned, a good blog review takes time to research, write good content, take good pictures and link back to your site and product(s). Also they should put your button up on their sidebar if you have one. There are many crappy bloggers out there that are just looking for free stuff, so be wary.

In my opinion, a good blog has lots (hundreds or thousands) of followers/readers/commenters and has a page rank of at least 3. Also you should ask how many visitors they receive in a day to their blog. Asking for references is a good idea too.

Also many other WAHM (work at home moms) will do product reviews for free and you don't need to send a product. I am going to be offering that service soon and here is a couple of good websites to get a free review from: http://nannydeprivedreviews.blogspot.com/

http://www.5minutesformom.com/mom-owned-stores/join/

There are many others, but this will get you started for now. Hope this helps.
Cheryl
Sponsored Links