New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:18

Default Re: I did it....I just bought the funky loopy instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
The suspense is killing me to see this ebook......waiting....stalking....waiting......
Can't wait to see!!! I keep checking your thread! I'm in the UK and its getting late here, it could be a late night for me!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:49

I just got mine last week!!! I was like you...just waiting then I finally just did it. I have to say I was kinda let down with the instructions...esp for the price. I am interested to hear what you think!!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:02

Do you mind me asking what disappointed you?? I'm thinking of getting them too!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:30

I got them a few weeks ago. The instructions teach exactly how to make one of those bows....I thought they were very well written. My only complaint was to myself, "WHY couldn't I have figured that out??" I am the kind of person that likes to figure things out on my own rather than reading how to do it.

I haven't made any yet....I seriously need to shopping for the "stuff" to put in there....but, I do want to try them. I think they are adorable!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:17

I broke down and bought them too, I like the fact that they are very detailed. I made a couple with what I had on hand, I'd love to know how to make them and attach to alligator clilps though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (58.4 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (52.5 KB, 127 views)
Old 06-27-2010, 07:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymomma View Post
I broke down and bought them too, I like the fact that they are very detailed. I made a couple with what I had on hand, I'd love to know how to make them and attach to alligator clilps though!

I have made a couple with the alligator clips...I use the ones from Sally's. I just thread the ribbon just like she shows then put the needle through the hole in the center of the clip and start like normal. It takes a bit of manuvering to do it, but they are cute. Then I just line the bottom of the top of the clip (where all your thread shows). If you have any questions about it, just let me know!!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:52

I have had them for a while now and now they are my bow of choice! I didnt have any problems with the instructions. Here are a couple I have done;

Old 06-29-2010, 09:03

Ok, I tried them last night and it came out pretty good but they are no where near as full as yours. What advice can you give me? Mine sort of looked like a straight line. I kept pulling it apart but something didn't look right? It was late so I didn't take pictures but I will take pictures later on to show you guys for advice. I LOVE the full look. Maybe more pieces? I did follow the directions of how many pieces. I guess it's time to practice more. Another question for you ladies that have them, do you cut your end pieces before you put it together or after? It seems like it would be easier to do it beforehand to have minimal cuts?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:04

My first ones I did aren't very full either, I just started putting more pieces with my recent ones and they are now much fuller.

I also try to cut my pieces to size, but I still have to trim somewhat to make it look even, then work my way down and heat seal. I need to play around with that part too as it is a bit inconvenient to heat seal when you have so many ribbons so close together.

You really have to tug on the pieces to separate them, so I make sure I glue the underside really good so that the ribbon is secure, then pull away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
Ok, I tried them last night and it came out pretty good but they are no where near as full as yours. What advice can you give me? Mine sort of looked like a straight line. I kept pulling it apart but something didn't look right? It was late so I didn't take pictures but I will take pictures later on to show you guys for advice. I LOVE the full look. Maybe more pieces? I did follow the directions of how many pieces. I guess it's time to practice more. Another question for you ladies that have them, do you cut your end pieces before you put it together or after? It seems like it would be easier to do it beforehand to have minimal cuts?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:13

@SmittenKitten, very nice, love them!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg