http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:57

Default Re: Are the instructions for a funky loopy bow worth the $$?

thanks.....not sure if their is one or not. But I believe something should be posted for all newbies on here when they buy a tut. Just because it says in the tut not to be resold...doesnt mean anything....to the outside people of HG.

Last edited by doggie; 06-18-2010 at 08:57. Reason: spell check
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09

unfortunately, there will always be rule breakers. What's hilarious is when they get all offended when the same thing happens to them. Go figure.

Now, about the price of the tut originally in question, lol!

If you make and sell a few bows using this tut, you've made your money back. If you never do anything with the tut, you've lost money. If you make and sell a lot of bows using this tut, you've made a profit. Your call.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:19

very good answer...thank you
Old 06-18-2010, 09:40

If you really like the bow and want to learn how to make it then I would suggest searching youtube, blogs, ect. There are so many FREE tutorials out there I mean TONS!!!! It may not be professional looking, or have cute graphics/pics ect. but all that doesn't really matter to me as long as I learn how to do it. I have bought tuts in the past and later found out there were 20 different tuts on the same exact thing for free. What really gets me the most is when you post something YOU made on a forum that was completely original and then a few days later you see someone selling instructions on how to make the same thing. To me that is just wrong and a very unclassy thing to do. I have had this happen to me but I held my tongue and just let her do her thing. I know Karma is a b*tch and one day it will bite her in the a$$. Some people will do anything to make a profit and wont hesitate to stab another hg in the back, or anyone else.

WOW that totally got off the subject but I feel much better now that I finally got it off my chest.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:45

I bet this has happened to a lot of ladies who sell their tuts. I have paid for a lot of tuts and bow instructions....but the very last one I bought on here..did the trick and now their great looking.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:49

me, I just get lazy, LOL!

I'd rather buy one and be done with it than spend hours looking on the net...which is easy to do, like right now!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:05

I bought the first tutorial and about 2 weeks later she came out with the other. After I complained she sold it to me for half price.

All in all I would say that I was disappointed with the instructions. If you can make a loopy bow, then I don't think you need them.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
so if someone already has this...cant they sell it cheaper to one of us??
they could if they wanted everyone to hate them essentially slap the writer in the face by profiting from the (i'm sure) hours, if not days, they spent writing it...

but you know...they are probably physically able to do it...it's just morally and ethically crappy
Old 06-18-2010, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Also if I made up a wholesale list to sell...will this stay with the person only that purchased it.
if you did that and sold it...it would definitely NOT stay with only the people who purchased it because eventually someone will leak the info...i mean...we all know about richard nixon's tapes cause someone leaked it...right? and write one and give to me...i swear i'll keep the secrets safe...(give...not sell...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
If you really like the bow and want to learn how to make it then I would suggest searching youtube, blogs, ect. There are so many FREE tutorials out there I mean TONS!!!! It may not be professional looking, or have cute graphics/pics ect. but all that doesn't really matter to me as long as I learn how to do it. I have bought tuts in the past and later found out there were 20 different tuts on the same exact thing for free. What really gets me the most is when you post something YOU made on a forum that was completely original and then a few days later you see someone selling instructions on how to make the same thing. To me that is just wrong and a very unclassy thing to do. I have had this happen to me but I held my tongue and just let her do her thing. I know Karma is a b*tch and one day it will bite her in the a$$. Some people will do anything to make a profit and wont hesitate to stab another hg in the back, or anyone else.

WOW that totally got off the subject but I feel much better now that I finally got it off my chest.
yes...like just about every tut you could want is somewhere for free...and it's totally sucky to rip off someone's original work (bow, tutu, etc) and write a tutorial for it and then sell the tut...

UNLESS...some crazy tutu maker has gone out of her way to prevent every member of a certain TOTALLY AWESOME forum from purchasing her products because she doesn't want anyone to know how to make it...if THAT happens...you should definitely puzzle out how to make her items and share the knowledge with the world!! ---i did this but decided to sell the tut rather than share for free because it took me like 3 days+ to put it all together...oh and i wrote it super detailed so someone who was new to making them could make a basic tutu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfriday View Post
me, I just get lazy, LOL!

I'd rather buy one and be done with it than spend hours looking on the net...which is easy to do, like right now!
and i'm so lazy when trying to do this sometimes so i just buy it...the first night i started making bows i spent like all night searching online for tuts and vids that were free...in the end i bought my first tut on ebay and thought i would lose it during the 4 hours i waited for the writer to wake up, check her email, and send me the tut....

*point self* shut up, andrea!....*reply self* yes, ma'am!
*nod self*...totally crazy here
Old 06-18-2010, 11:18

may i ask which tutorial ya'll are referring too (original post)?

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies