New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:05

Default sizzix couple quick questions !! please help

never had a sizzix. looking at reviews RIGHT NOW, but my birthday is thursday so was thinking about talking the hubby into this just need a little help
thank you !

1. does all the die cuts work for all the different machines?!
2. any kind of felt works right?!
3. what kind of sizzix do you have?!

[wanting to use this mostly with felt thank you]

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:06

Default Re: sizzix couple quick questions !! please help

http://www.sizzix.com/catalog?filter..._ids%3A53&st=3

heres the link to all the machines just in case someone wanted to look , recommend one to me or something !!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:19

bump...
Old 06-13-2010, 11:21

I have the Big Shot. It will work with all the Sizzix die sizes plus other die cutting brands as well. Most of the sizzlit dies though will not cut felt cleanly but the Sizzix "Originals" and the Sizzix "Bigz Dies" both will cut felt no problem.

I'm not sure where you are located, but if you have a Michaels Craft store or an AC Moore near you I would try to get it there. You can always find coupons online to print for 40% off any regular priced product and get it much cheaper. That's what I did and got mine for about $45
Old 06-13-2010, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennicee View Post
I have the Big Shot. It will work with all the Sizzix die sizes plus other die cutting brands as well. Most of the sizzlit dies though will not cut felt cleanly but the Sizzix "Originals" and the Sizzix "Bigz Dies" both will cut felt no problem.

I'm not sure where you are located, but if you have a Michaels Craft store or an AC Moore near you I would try to get it there. You can always find coupons online to print for 40% off any regular priced product and get it much cheaper. That's what I did and got mine for about $45

thank you so much ! yes i have a micheals !! thank you again so i should buy the originals or, bigzs dies, but any machine?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:56

This is the one I plan to get. Def check out their website. And also Craigslist for folks that are selling their dies ... MUCH MUCH CHEAPER.

http://www.sizzix.com/catalog/brand/Sizzix%20Big%20Shot

and if you can wait until it's closer to July 4, I'm quite positive there will be some 50% off coupons floating around for either JA or Michaels (which you can use at both stores). JA is much more expensive than Michaels on these items, so I would def get it at Michaels.

Good luck and Happy (early) Birthday!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom05 View Post
thank you so much ! yes i have a micheals !! thank you again so i should buy the originals or, bigzs dies, but any machine?

If you want to be able to use all different kinds of dies like the Sizzix Originals, Sizzix Bigz, Cuttlebug Dies, and other brands I would get the Big Shot or Big Kick( the two are basically the same machine I believe.) The Bigz Dies won't work in the smaller machines.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:43

I have the Sizzix Big Shot. No complaints here! The thicker dies (originals and bigz) are the best for cutting felt. You can do around 3 layers at once too to save time :-) Awesome machine, and easy to use! Love it, and wouldn't sell it for anything!

Old 06-13-2010, 03:22

thank you ladies so much !
Old 06-13-2010, 03:58

I bought the Big Kick a few weeks ago with a 50% off coupon from Michaels and I love it. Not only can you use the Original and Bigz dies, but you can use other dies for machines like the Cuttlebug. I also bought three dies using my 40% off coupons. After you do your first cut you are going to want to cut and cut and cut everything you can find. I've cut fabric, felt, paper, ribbon, and leather, so far. Definitely worth the investment to get one. A friend is giving me her brand new Cricut that she got for Christmas from her hubby and daughter because she "doesn't have any use for it." Say whaaat?! I'll take it!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies