Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:10

Default Re: Wood burners... is there special one to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope936 View Post
I just got the $10 one from Walmart. I think it is AMAZING . What did I ever do without it. I have only used the "blade" attachement. Does anyone use any of the others?
So, I also bought the $10 burner from Wal*Mart! I finally used if for the first time today! I LOVE IT! It saved me about 20 minutes! I don't know how I lived with out it!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 11:23

Silly question, but do you just hold it near the ribbon to seal it if you aren't using it to cut the ribbon?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailes View Post
Silly question, but do you just hold it near the ribbon to seal it if you aren't using it to cut the ribbon?
Not silly, I have just started using mine and I'm wondering the same because with light colors, it leaves burn marks on it if I am sealing it so I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I tried to seal and cut some v's in white ribbon and so after ruining quite a bit, I tried just sealing it by touching it ever so slightly and it worked, but it still wasn't easy.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:45

It takes some practice to get the hang of it. Woodburner sealing requires a steady hand. Here's a tip: I seal only from the "back" side of the ribbon. Also, keep your burner wedge tip clean (use some steel wool if your tip gets too black, that can rub off onto the ribbon). Lighter ribbons or ribbons with a high nylon/poly content can singe if you let your burner sit on them too long. Basically you don't want to blast the ends...use a light, quick, steady touch, and then "feel" your ribbon end to make sure the ends are melted properly. It shouldn't be so visible to the eye, but you will be able to feel a properly sealed end.

It really doesn't take long to get the hang of it, keep practicing! For v-notch I start in the middle with my wedge angled properly (this is most of the game-angle of your wedge) and move to the end of the ribbon. Hope this helps!

FruitsOFtheBLooM
Old 08-29-2010, 03:49

P. S. One more tip...if you know you're working with fragile ribbons (organza/sheer) try to heat seal them within moments of turning on your wood burning tool. This is especially helpful until you get used to using the burner. Organzas can shrivel and crumple badly with too much heat, but you'll learn the light touch after a few tries and wonder how you ever lived without a wood burner! I know I would never look back to the old candle and lighter days!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsOFtheBLooM View Post
P. S. One more tip...if you know you're working with fragile ribbons (organza/sheer) try to heat seal them within moments of turning on your wood burning tool. This is especially helpful until you get used to using the burner. Organzas can shrivel and crumple badly with too much heat, but you'll learn the light touch after a few tries and wonder how you ever lived without a wood burner! I know I would never look back to the old candle and lighter days!

GREAT idea thank you for the tip~!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20

dont listen to them ... they are all trying to throw you off...

you MUST get the one that is Pink handled and can only be found between the months of sept-dec at your specialty grocery stores..

truly!
they are the best wood burners... all the green handled ones from walmart burn everything... its like they are meant for burning wood or something

der if you havent figured im giving ya'll crap then happy hunting for the pink handled woodburner at the specialty grocer
Old 08-30-2010, 10:14

you crack me up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kg View Post
dont listen to them ... they are all trying to throw you off...

you MUST get the one that is Pink handled and can only be found between the months of sept-dec at your specialty grocery stores..

truly!
they are the best wood burners... all the green handled ones from walmart burn everything... its like they are meant for burning wood or something

der if you havent figured im giving ya'll crap then happy hunting for the pink handled woodburner at the specialty grocer

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.