printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:43

Question My glue gun just had a melt down. Literally.

So, I plugged my glue gun in, went to the kitchen for a minute, come back and the glue stick is completely melted...like a melted blob. I can't put another one in and can't use it.

Anyone ever have this happen?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 02:09

Default Re: My glue gun just had a melt down. Literally.

I had that happen with my Ad Tech last night, I had to push all the glue out because I couldn't get another stick in until then. Burnt myself, so be careful!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:16

Are you by chance using a high temp gun with low temp sticks?

I have never had that happen before, but it sounds to me like that might be the case.

...along the same lines I had to buy a new wood burner because my husband had called me to the kitchen and I left it on the desk... in a coffee mug, unpluged, but still hot.... the dog ran under the desk, got caught in the cord, the woodburner came out of the cup and landed on a pile of bows I had just finnished

The woodburner and bows were ruined

Krista

Last edited by khofkamp; 06-05-2010 at 02:19.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:21

I was using dual, it's all they had in stock for mini's. I'll try to find some high temp but I am almost tempted to try double sided tape.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliptoit View Post
I was using dual, it's all they had in stock for mini's. I'll try to find some high temp but I am almost tempted to try double sided tape.
I have a cheap gun from walmart, $3ish and it has not let me down in nearly 3 years and 1,000's of bows and clips

Krista
Old 06-05-2010, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
Are you by chance using a high temp gun with low temp sticks?

I have never had that happen before, but it sounds to me like that might be the case.

...along the same lines I had to buy a new wood burner because my husband had called me to the kitchen and I left it on the desk... in a coffee mug, unpluged, but still hot.... the dog ran under the desk, got caught in the cord, the woodburner came out of the cup and landed on a pile of bows I had just finnished

The woodburner and bows were ruined
Krista
Nope, the glue gun was high temp, with high temp sticks (it was actually a partially used one, that I didn't have a problem with in the morning). Maybe it was a defective glue stick?

Gosh, that stinks about the bows and wood burner....speaking of wood burners, anyone suggest one? Is there a "speacial" type to get? I've been thinking of getting one because it feels like I've been cutting a gazillion pieces of ribbon lately, and sealing them with a lighter... a wood burner would probably help speed up my process.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:12

I have a 2 temp Ad Tech gun from Wal-mart. I think it's about to give up on me so I really need to get another one. Mine oozes glue out the tip. I sit it down and when I pick it up to glue something there is a glob of glue under the tip.

I need to get a wood burner too. Seems like they would save a lot of time, but I have NO idea what kind to get.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesandpolkadots View Post
Nope, the glue gun was high temp, with high temp sticks (it was actually a partially used one, that I didn't have a problem with in the morning). Maybe it was a defective glue stick?

Gosh, that stinks about the bows and wood burner....speaking of wood burners, anyone suggest one? Is there a "speacial" type to get? I've been thinking of getting one because it feels like I've been cutting a gazillion pieces of ribbon lately, and sealing them with a lighter... a wood burner would probably help speed up my process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
I have a 2 temp Ad Tech gun from Wal-mart. I think it's about to give up on me so I really need to get another one. Mine oozes glue out the tip. I sit it down and when I pick it up to glue something there is a glob of glue under the tip.

I need to get a wood burner too. Seems like they would save a lot of time, but I have NO idea what kind to get.
I get mine at HL, they are $8ish dollars with a coupon

Our walmart used to sell them too, but since they downsized their craft section I havent seen them there. I imagine they would sell them at joanns and michaels too, but I do not go to those stores as often just because they are more than an hour away

I get the ones that have the tips like a flat head screw driver, but it is at an agle, lets see if I can find one online.....

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...9&marketID=207

I guess they sell them at home depot too I use the head like the one on the burner in the image. I had looked at lowes just because it was a sunday and HL was closed, but all they had was a tip that didnt have the angle to it, so I didn't get that one. HTH!

Krista
Sponsored Links