Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:11

Default Re: Completely Re-vamping my bottlecap/tile/tag templates & intructions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_yaz View Post
easier would be better.... now those that have purchased your old one will we have to buy the new one? or will you be sending it to us for free?
outer rings sound good,
I can try doing that...The templates are still going to function in pretty much the same way, I'm just trying to make it easier to use...And I'm thinking of adding instructions for additional programs...
-Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11

Default Re: Completely Re-vamping my bottlecap/tile/tag templates & intructions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
A video would be great!!! I'm still totally lost
Yvonne
That's a good idea E-mail/pm me with whatever issues you are having
-Amanda
Old 05-31-2010, 09:19

I can't imagine it being any easier. I looooooooooooove making them!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tylerandali View Post
I can't imagine it being any easier. I looooooooooooove making them!
THANK-YOU!
I thought the same thing, but it seems like some people are having issues...so I want to try and avoid them as much as possible :P
I think I will be making separate templates & instructions for each program ie.Photoshop, photoshop elements, gimp, corel paintshop....and whatever other programs people can think of that will work
-Amanda
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37

It had took me a while to figure out how to crop the images. More details on how to crop or resize the images would be helpful. Is there a way to make the smaller images the size to fit the templates?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda357 View Post
What steps would you need more detail on? What exactly is it that you have got stuck on?
I'm not sure I will be able to send to everyone that ordered...It would take me a while to do that...but I'm sure I could if you needed the new one...
-Amanda
PM you.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalex View Post
It had took me a while to figure out how to crop the images. More details on how to crop or resize the images would be helpful. Is there a way to make the smaller images the size to fit the templates?
That seems to be the main issue that most people are having...I'm trying to think of a way to make it super simple...Unfortunately its always going to be something that has to be done, but I'm hoping to develop a way to make it simple....
As far as small images to larger...they really will loose their resolution if you use smaller ones...I do recommend an image at least 315x315 pixels to be used in the template...
-Amanda
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34

okay I've just been playing and I think I might have it! I haven't tried it in gimp yet but this is going to be super simple!
-Amanda
Old 06-01-2010, 03:41

okay so I'm playing around to see how I can make the resizing issues better/easier for everyone...I think I have it down...I just have to get the instructions written for it and then I will need a tester, someone that has already purchased the tutorial (for photoshop) so they can compare the old vs new for me...
What I'm thinking of doing is setting up a yahoo group for everyone that has purchased the instructions and then that way we can communicate any issues, as well as get access to the new templates & tutorial...After thinking about it last night I realized I will definitely be giving the updated version to past customers that way we are all on the new page
let me know what you think of these images I threw together (in like 5 mins) with the new template...look alright?

The new way is SUPER SIMPLE! I have only done it in photoshop at the moment and I'm planning on moving onto GIMP later today or tomorrow
-Amanda
Old 06-01-2010, 05:14

Cute!!

I am having issues adding text to the bottlecaps. It's a real pain in the you-know-what. Especially when adding several words that are placed in different spots on the bottlecap.
Sponsored Links