150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:54

Default Epoxy Resin Domes

I ordered these from here...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bottlecapsrus

I got 50 clear and 50 glitter and at first I messed some up but then got the hang of putting them on. BUT if you pull on it a little it makes the whole image come off the bottle cap! Do they all do this? And when I put them into little zip lock baggies that fit 2 bottle caps in to store them, when I try to take them out they are really hard to get out because they "stick" to the plastic but it doesnt ruin the image. Its just hard to get out. I was just wondering if all of these do this or just these kind that I bought. I would really like to find some that work because I made 100 bottle caps in just a few minutes!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21

Default Re: Epoxy Resin Domes

anyone? i was just wondering if I wasnt putting the right glue on the bottle cap or if there are a better type out there or what?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:20

I had some of these once (not from that seller FYI but from another place) and after a a week the edge of the dome popped off the edge of the cap...

do these not do this?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:08

I have had no luck with any type of epoxy/resin/whatever drop.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:05

I checked with coleycole (bought some of her resin drops) and she suggested using the Xyron sticker maker. Made a bunch for my daughter's class last night and they stuck pretty good. I put them on flattened caps - not sure if that makes a difference. BTW I love the glitter drops! I'm tempted to buy some
Old 05-27-2010, 02:41

IMHO the resin/epoxy domes suck ass. Maybe it's the humidity here in western KY. IDK.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:17

Okay maybe the Xyron isn't the best. I had a couple extra clips made from Tuesday night and checked them this morning - the edges are lifting. Not a lot but they have separated from the bottlecap. I'm *hoping* they don't lift further - my dd gave out 21 caps to her class. Maybe I didn't smash the images down enough before appying the drops? I'm trying another cap with E6000 so hopefully it will hold better. I really like the convenience of these and am crossing my fingers something will work!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
Okay maybe the Xyron isn't the best. I had a couple extra clips made from Tuesday night and checked them this morning - the edges are lifting. Not a lot but they have separated from the bottlecap. I'm *hoping* they don't lift further - my dd gave out 21 caps to her class. Maybe I didn't smash the images down enough before appying the drops? I'm trying another cap with E6000 so hopefully it will hold better. I really like the convenience of these and am crossing my fingers something will work!

Please keep me posted!! I was really wanting to try those from coleycole, but was waiting to get people's thoughts on them first! I just ordered a bunch of bottlecaps so I will be really bummed if they don't work b/c I wanted to purchase those poly resin drops to use. I have the ET lite, but really resistant to use it b/c of it messing up the caps by causing bubbles. And since i've heard that the diamond glaze will ruin if it gets wet, I didn't want to use that either. I've never bottlecaps before, so looking for something good to use that won't mess them up!
Sponsored Links