New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:02

Default I hate my glue gun!

Ok, the glue gun I currently have stinks! It leaks so much glue that I end up having glue globs and glue webs everywhere on everything! My low temp glue gun never did this. Is it just mine or do you ladies have a good one that doesn't make such a mess!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 05-17-2010, 04:41

Default Re: I hate my glue gun!

I have a little one that I hate too, it does the same thing. Any recomendations?

Old 05-17-2010, 04:53

dont get the ad-tech from walmart-got one this weekend and it dripped glue the whole time I had it plugged in - its going back to the store!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:26

I've had my glue fun for years. It's a brand called Aleen's. I bought it at Walmart years ago so don't know if they have it still. It was some kind of deluxe glue gun with different interchangeable tips and a storage case that holds it all and glue sticks to. It drips a very teeny bit when I first turn it on but not continuously.
The link I attached shows a newer model than mine. Mine doesn't have a removable cord. I got mine like 10 years ago and it still works great. Then again I haven't used it much until recently, but I think it's a good one.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...ductNum=gc0268
Old 05-17-2010, 05:26

I don't have a suggestion for glue guns, but I also have a cheapy from wal mart and hate it.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49

I have the mini ad-tech as well, same problem with the dripping. I just got used to it though, can't be bothered buying a new one until this one dies and I find a miraculous no-drips-ever glue gun :P

Old 05-17-2010, 06:45

I just bought a new Alena's Ultimate Glue Gun because my other glue gun bit the bullet. I HATE the new one...it leaks more glue than I use. The glue sticks are special ones with a much bigger diameter than the others. I'd take it back but I threw the outside packaging away. Bah!!!!

Joanne
Old 05-17-2010, 07:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall52 View Post
I just bought a new Alena's Ultimate Glue Gun because my other glue gun bit the bullet. I HATE the new one...it leaks more glue than I use. The glue sticks are special ones with a much bigger diameter than the others. I'd take it back but I threw the outside packaging away. Bah!!!!

Joanne
Do you have the reciept? Maybe you can take it back with just the receipt and tell them what a horrible product it is.

That's the one I have but a way older model and only leaks a drop in the beginning.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:55

I have a 3M glue gun that gets the glue so hot it runs out like water. I finally broke down and bought one from Joann's. It is a Adtech 2 temp glue gun & it has a small tip on the end and it holds the big glue sticks. My favorite feature is that you can remove the cord for a bit and use it as a "cordless" gun. I have bought 2 of these and both of them have been great. I had to buy the second one because my first one was in storage & I couldn't live without it.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Do you have the reciept? Maybe you can take it back with just the receipt and tell them what a horrible product it is.

That's the one I have but a way older model and only leaks a drop in the beginning.
Yes, I do still have the receipt but never thought of taking it back without the packaging. I didn't think they'd let me. Thanks for the tip, though. I'll try it!

Joanne
Sponsored Links