http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:17

Default Woodburners!

After reading everyone's threads about woodburners I'm convinced and tired of burning my thumb on lighters and want to get one! Just got a couple of questions first!

How do y'all do the V cut for spikes?

and which tip works the best so I can make sure the one I buy has it included! =]

TIA!
I'm a 19 year old WONDERFUL mommy and wife! My love and I have been together for 5 years and have a 2 year old princess! I have the cutest chihuahua- Sadie and boxer- Raider! I lovveeeeee boutique items and LOVE making bows!
Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2010, 10:21

Default Re: Woodburners!

Great minds think alike. I just posted a thread about v-cuts in the HOW TO section with the woodburner.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21
strawberrybaby

with the v cuts. I fold the ribbon in half, cut at an angle and while the ribbon is still folded i run the woodburner on it. sealing both sides of the spike at once to keep them even. hope you visualize what i mean. im horrible at explanations. lol
Old 05-18-2010, 08:09

After reading through all these forums, I bought a woodburner before I even started making clips and it is fabulous. Mine came with 4 (i think?) tips but the only one i ever use is the knife blade, which I'm pretty sure is the default.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
Great minds think alike. I just posted a thread about v-cuts in the HOW TO section with the woodburner.

lol. it was like the first thing that popped in to my head!
I'm a 19 year old WONDERFUL mommy and wife! My love and I have been together for 5 years and have a 2 year old princess! I have the cutest chihuahua- Sadie and boxer- Raider! I lovveeeeee boutique items and LOVE making bows!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrybaby View Post
with the v cuts. I fold the ribbon in half, cut at an angle and while the ribbon is still folded i run the woodburner on it. sealing both sides of the spike at once to keep them even. hope you visualize what i mean. im horrible at explanations. lol

thanks for responding! I get it! I've only done it with a lighter and just thought when its folded and you cut it it'd stick together? I'm THE WORST at explanations. lol. but I am definately going to get one and try it! thanks so much!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
After reading through all these forums, I bought a woodburner before I even started making clips and it is fabulous. Mine came with 4 (i think?) tips but the only one i ever use is the knife blade, which I'm pretty sure is the default.

I've only found one here that has the knife tip and it's the most expensive one ... but I guess there's good reasoning for that! lol. thanks and I will be getting one this afternoon!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg