Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets

Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets Love your gadgets? Don't like it? Post your reviews (or link of review) here.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:04

Default Finally, the flip flop glue solution!

Ladies, after much trial and error, and messing with many different glues (including E600), I think I have found the magic answer! Shoe Goo!
It works awesome. It has a very toxic smell b4 it dries, but when it does dry, it is permanantly bonded. I am so happy that I can sell my flip flops now with no worries. Just though I'd share
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:07

Default Re: Finally, the flip flop glue solution!

That's awesome! Where would I find shoe goo at and is it expensive compared to e6000?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:09

Where can it be purchased from?!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:39

You can get it at the hardware store (my dh got it at Ace) and it was $6 a tube. It is specifically made for shoes, and it really does the trick!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:31

Cool!!! Thanks for the tip!!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:35

Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-10-2010, 12:13

How long has the glue been on the flip flops? I would test those suckers out, and leave it on for a while before knowing for sure it is the one. I hope shoe goo is the answer to the flip flop problem....
~Janet~ Bow Hobbyist, retired WAHM.... When we move out of the way and give the Lord room to stand in our lives He will glorify Himself in us ~Isaiah 60:13
Old 05-10-2010, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvbows View Post
Ladies, after much trial and error, and messing with many different glues (including E600), I think I have found the magic answer! Shoe Goo!
It works awesome. It has a very toxic smell b4 it dries, but when it does dry, it is permanantly bonded. I am so happy that I can sell my flip flops now with no worries. Just though I'd share
I have a glue stick that I sell on my site that is AWSOME!!!!! It is all I use for my flip flops. I have sold at least 10,000 pair using this glue stick and never once had a return because of the ribbon moving coming off, etc.

Because I have to be certain that my shoes are top quality, I put to the test. I have taken my shoes with this glue into the ocean, pool, through the washing machine cycle, etc. and it stays. In order to get it off, we have to either pour alcohol or down wrinkle releaser on it and then yank really hard.

Also, always remember to roughen up the strap surface before you begin. That is essential when doing anything.

It's melting point is very high. This is very important if you are selling in Arizona in the summer. It gets so hot that the glue starts to melt on the shoes. The set time is very good for making shoes, 30-40 seconds. That is long enough to get the shoe wrapped, but not so long that you are precluded from moving forward to next step.

The link to that part of my website is http://thebuckleboutique.com/gluesticks.aspx It retails for $.70 per stick and wholesales for $.50 per stick. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! Cathie
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36

This is the 1st glue that I absolutely cannot pry off. My husband thinks I am nuts, but with the other glues (including E600) I would try to pull off the ribbon as hard as I could. If the ribbon budged, then I was not satisfied. I figured if I could pry it off, then it wil lnot withstand kid use. So with the Shoe Goo, I cannot even get my fingers under the ribbon whatsoever. No I have not had the glue on long, but compared to everything else I have used, it does the trick.

As for the glue sticks..those sound awesome! I checked out your site though and they look like regular glue sticks? How are these different than the hot glue sticks I buy at Michheals? Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2my3ks View Post
How long has the glue been on the flip flops? I would test those suckers out, and leave it on for a while before knowing for sure it is the one. I hope shoe goo is the answer to the flip flop problem....
Old 05-10-2010, 08:44

I also looked at your website, do you use a regular hot glue gun for these not the mini?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuckleboutique View Post
I have a glue stick that I sell on my site that is AWSOME!!!!! It is all I use for my flip flops. I have sold at least 10,000 pair using this glue stick and never once had a return because of the ribbon moving coming off, etc.

Because I have to be certain that my shoes are top quality, I put to the test. I have taken my shoes with this glue into the ocean, pool, through the washing machine cycle, etc. and it stays. In order to get it off, we have to either pour alcohol or down wrinkle releaser on it and then yank really hard.

Also, always remember to roughen up the strap surface before you begin. That is essential when doing anything.

It's melting point is very high. This is very important if you are selling in Arizona in the summer. It gets so hot that the glue starts to melt on the shoes. The set time is very good for making shoes, 30-40 seconds. That is long enough to get the shoe wrapped, but not so long that you are precluded from moving forward to next step.

The link to that part of my website is http://thebuckleboutique.com/gluesticks.aspx It retails for $.70 per stick and wholesales for $.50 per stick. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! Cathie
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg